Streaming live at 10am (PST)

My experience with Shopify Integration

I’ve just noticed this thread and wanted to feedback some of my experience with the Shopify Buy Button. My reason for using it was that I needed a solution that allowed me to introduce a number of different shipping options based on location; some being local, some being posted. Shopify had a number of apps that could do this for me, but I love the design flexibility of Webflow.

The buy button was so easy to set up. You create a product collection in Shopify, add your product images, descriptions, prices, options etc and generate the buy button for the ENTIRE collection. You then paste the embed code into your Webflow site.

A while back I added a second collection and had that as another ‘category’ for Father’s Day. I had to paste in the embed code for that collection on a separate page and it all just worked, the cart would pick up items added from each embed and it feels exactly how a multiple category e-commerce site should.

Here’s a link to the site:

4 Likes

A little update from us at LuxuryTrainTickets.com

We’ve actually stopped using the Shopify Buy Button.

Why? Because for us, it wasn’t flexible enough for our needs. Plus it was getting a bit annoying jumping between Shopify and Webflow.

We wanted to be able to add different purchase form fields depending on the product, we wanted the total price to change as quantity increased plus add extras that would give us a live dynamic price.

We’re now using Foxy.io and I am really, really impressed.

All products are managed within Webflow, meaning our whole workflow now stays in Webflow.

Plus we can manage the design of the purchase forms and the cart/checkout/receipt all from within Webflow as well.

Plus a massive shoutout to Josh @foxy who has given me the single best customer service of any app/software I have ever used, ever. Seriously.

Shopify worked great in the beginning, but I feel like it’s a stepping stone. I feel like our website now feels more ‘complete’ and it just feels more solid.

Happy to answer any questions on either Shopify or Foxy.

2 Likes

Really appreciate you coming back here to give us an update – that’s super thoughtful and I know it’ll save others and myself time when we’re making a similar decision :+1:

1 Like