no it's still not working.
also at some point the editor interface started to get more glitchy (like when I scroll down a page the blue outline for an element drags with the screen until the scroll stops and some of my background images are getting set to invisible just when I tap on the image in main -- not from the editor tool)
I think these started to happen after I published the site to check if a script embedded from Medium.com would work. I've gone back to some earlier backups and earlier versions still work.
I also checked the preview link I provided and it doesn't work for me going through that route either.
I set up a new site to recreate the issue in a simpler layout and still having a similar issue with the nav ... and also only a couple of the links add a "current" state subclass which I didn't create.