Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Navbar bleed through when scrolling up description section text

When I scroll up past the navbar with my description section text, the green of the navbar bleeds through the description section. I tried to make the section area white opaque, and I was able to do that for the color of the section element and the container. However, the other parts of it aren't working. Please Help!!

I am attaching a link and some screen shots.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bkp-ux-portfolio?preview=ed0d5949739eae46e32706ab0f714bf8

Hi @Bradford_Parker, taking a look at the site, it seems that the navbar is in a fixed position, but there is no z-index set. z-index controls what layer a styled element is on the page.

In the image below, I set the z-index of the homepage nav class to have a z-index of 1001, making it the topmost element on the page.

Try that and see if it helps. If not, let us know so we can take a look further smile

OK, now I am really frustrated...I tried to do what you said, and the selector wouldn't even let me call up the class. Underneath the selector field it says "2 on this page" instead of "1 on this page" that shows on your attached visual. I am attaching a screenshot here.

Hi @Bradford_Parker, sorry to hear of the trouble. Are you using Google Chrome or Safari when using Webflow? If you can, I recommend using Chrome.

Here is a video of changing the style, can you repeat these steps and see if the issue persists?

http://quick.as/pZamFdxZJ

Regards,
Dave

I've been using Safari. I'll switch to Chrome and see if that makes a difference.
Can you tell me why I would see that "2 on this page" entry?

Hi @Bradford_Parker, check my last video in post above. Can you repeat those steps? I think the wrong element is selected perhaps. The homepage nav element is a section, not a mask. Check that and let me know if it is still not working as you expect.

If you can make a video of the issue (if it persists) that would be helpful, to see what you are clicking on. Regards,
Dave

Your video did the trick!! However, it only worked when I switched to Chrome. Is Safari generally a problem for Webflow? or is this a compatibility bug?

Thanks for the help heart_eyes

Hi @Bradford_Parker, thanks for the update. I am glad that worked smile It is strange, I tried this on Safari 8.0.7 on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and it worked for me on that also.

It could be maybe a different version of safari you are using?

In general, I would recommend Chrome when using Webflow. Check out this article: http://help.webflow.com/faq/can-i-use-webflow-in-browsers-other-than-google-chrome

Have a great day ! smile

I am using Safari 8.0.8, and on Yosemite 10.10.5...so that SHOULDN'T be the problem. Once I fixed the problem using your directions on Chrome, it now works on Safari! Go figure smirk

@Bradford_Parker smile That sounds like there is a mouse running around in the rafters wink

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.