Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Navbar invisible in slightly older browsers e.g. Safari 10.0

Hi,

First of all I’d just like to say I’ve enjoyed using Webflow tremendously over the past month or so - it’s such a great platform and I’ve learnt a lot using it.

There’s just one issue I seem to be having at the moment (that I’m sure is my own doing) – I have a shrinking navbar on the ‘Selected Work’ page, and it works perfectly on the latest versions of Chrome / Safari / Firefox etc., but for some reason it disappears completely in some older versions. I just discovered this on a friend’s laptop, and then I confirmed it on another old device I have. It’s still there on my homepage, however.

I don’t suppose anyone’s encountered a similar issue before, and knows a simple fix?

read-only link to my site:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/russell-prowse?preview=ee06c2098d3415a1714b370827995f35

Thanks!
Russell

Great question @russellprowse!

Adding a min-height style to your navbar should do the trick, those older browsers may also have some trouble rendering Flexbox styles which you have on your site:
04%20AM

1 Like

Thanks so much Waldo! I’ll test it out but hopefully that’ll do the trick

And I figured as much after reading further about flexbox, but in the end I still decided to go ahead and use it as it’s so easy to use.

Thanks so much again!

In case anyone else runs into this issue: @Waldo’s comment re. flexbox rendering in older browsers seemed to be the culprit in this case (as setting a min. height on its own didn’t fix) – taking the navbar outside of a flex container I had on the page managed to fix it!

Thanks again @Waldo

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.