Navigation in portfolio page

Hello,

I am trying to include navigation options in my portfolio page. I would like to show just one project and include buttons that will direct people to the next or previous portfolio item.
I was trying it with pagination in a CMS collection as you can see in the screenshot, but it is not working.
Does anyone know how to include that in the page?

Thanks!!
Schermafbeelding 2020-09-04 om 12.30.28|690x466

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @Jet, welcome to the Webflow forums!

Have you considered maybe using the slider element? This would allow you to show one portfolio project at a time, and the user could click forwards/backwards between them.

Here’s the official Webflow university page on sliders -

Hello @Oli.Timmis, Thanks for your response.
I did consider that, but I don’t think it is possible to connect that to my CMS right?
And I don’t think I will be able to show the same lay out and use the arrows to go the the next portfolio item or am I mistaken?

@Jet yes you can place collection lists inside sliders. However, you will have to manually add a new slide each time you add a portfolio piece to your collection (which is not ideal, and you are limited to 20 collection lists per page with Webflow).

Alternatively, I suggest you check out the dynamic CMS slider made by the awesome Joe Krug/@Finsweet

1 Like