Navigation Symbol not working

I want to turn my navigation into a symbol that will be reused on all of my inner pages, different from my home page navigation. I turned the navigation into a symbol on one of the pages but when I go to another page to add the navigation symbol, i get an error that reads “Nav Link can not be placed out of its Nav Menu”. I’m not able to reuse the navigation symbol, no matter what I’ve tried. I’m not sure if this is a bug or I’m doing something wrong.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - STCE 2022

1 Like

Hello @JustJoe

I think there was a similar problem mentioned in a previous post. @Brando What you think?

I’m running through the same issue.

Here’s my read only link https://preview.webflow.com/preview/matiaspitters?utm_source=matiaspitters&preview=d84d127a4e62c4b0fcbff083bb5780de

I’m able to add another instance of your navbar symbol without any issues. I’m wondering if I created the symbol incorrectly but the process is straightforward. I’m not sure how I could’ve messed that up.

Would you happen to have a link to the other post? I tried searching the forum before posting but I couldn’t pull up anything. I’m not able to find anything on Google either.

Having the same issue as well… This just started happening within the last few hours. Needs a fix asap!

Hi @PeterDimitrov @ON2Interactive @JustJoe @mrmtta

Thanks for pinging me on this. Yes, this looks like a similar issue that the team is currently working to resolve. I don’t have a solid time frame yet, but we’ll definitely continue to look into this.

For now, you may need to unlink the navbar as a symbol and copy/paste it to the other pages.

Thanks for your patience. :bowing_man:

I’m not able to copy/paste a navbar that is not a symbol either. I get the same error whether it’s a symbol or a stand-alone navbar that I’m trying to copy to another page.

Copying and pasting does not work either even when unlinked from a symbol.

Hi @JustJoe @ON2Interactive

Thanks for letting me know.

It looks like the issue may be that there are elements inside of the nav link. The team is working on a fix for this now.

@JustJoe as a temporary fix can you please try removing the jump link arrow from the vendor booths menu item?

@ON2Interactive can you also check to see if you have any elements nested inside of a navlink? If so can you try removing those?

1 Like

Hey @ON2Interactive I’m sorry for your frustration on this. I just want to confirm is your issue displaying the same error or a different one?

Thanks!

Merrick

Thank much for looking into this…

I’m getting the same error.

Of course! :slight_smile: Thanks for the quick reply. I think we’ve got a fix… we’ll report back soon!

Hey Brando,

I don’t have any elements nested other than Dropdown’s which haven’t been an issue using Menubar. As of yesterday, everything worked fine…

Thanks much for looking into this…

Cheers!

that worked for me but I need the jump link to be on all pages. Would I have to work each nav bar manually then to be able to include the jump link?

@ON2Interactive thanks for bringing this to our attention! We’ll be pushing up a fix soon to hopefully solve the issue you are having with nesting a Dropdown inside a Navbar. We’ll keep you updated!

Thanks,
-Andrew

1 Like

@justjoe you should be able to keep it as is with our upcoming fix. Thanks for validating!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll be on the lookout for the fix then. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Webflow!

I think there may be a bug with the nav menu. Every time I try to copy-paste from page to page a navbar, or place a navbar symbol i created onto a page… I’m getting this error message. I know this is current functionally because I’ve done it many times before. Unfortunately, I cannot share a public link. Is this a recent known issue?

Thanks,
Dom

Hi, I want to copy and paste the navbar on the homepage to the other four pages, but when pasting on the other pages, the Design Tool kept preventing me from pasting, saying that ‘nav link cannot be pasted out of nav menu’.

I’ve tried pasting the elements in the navbar bit by bit / creating symbols, but none of it worked.

How can I solve this issue and copy and paste the navbar to other pages? Thank you for your time and help!

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Yining Zhou - Product Design Portfolio