Hello everyone! I currently need some help as soon as possible with a really interesting project!
We really want users to be able to subscribe or track just certain Bills/Legislation they are interested in, instead of subscribing and getting updates on EVERY bill.
Currently the Take Action Button on KillTheBill.com is using a Widget from OpenStates.org
They have an open API that we could utilize to get some data points we need to create a custom widget for the take action button or use this API in other ways.
Since I love Webflow, I’d like to keep this on Webflow and find workarounds for custom functionality. Although, It may be best to do a custom build for this.
- Decide whether to keep the site in Webflow/Webflow CMS or Export to a custom build. Some needed features maybe able to be “hacked” into webflow with custom code, but perhaps it’s best to create a custom back-end for this.
- Main Functionality Needed (Similar to HearMyVoice.com or Countable.Us):
- Allow user to Track Bills
- Perhaps User Login or Social Sign-Up + (optional) User Profile and Possibly Custom News Feed of Tracked Bills on user profile to keep Tracking Individual Bills Easy
- Take Action Functionality on Each Bill
- Possibly update Bills and CMS from a Google Spreadsheet
*User Log-In may not be necessary but I think it’s really the only way to integrate a Bill Tracking system without having some crazy messy system that’s not very scalable with Mailchimp?
Excited to figure this out!
Send me a Private Message or Email at email@example.com
- Scott Van Zandt