Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Need Current State to last longer

I have a site with 4 sections (section A, B1, B2, C let's say). Section B2 is hidden (set to display:none) until you click a "show more" button (inside Section B1) which changes Section B2 to display: block and reveals it.

In my Nav Bar (which is fixed at the top of the site) I have links for sections A, B1 and C; and each one becomes highlighted once I scroll to that specific section.

Since Section B2 is a subsection of B1, I want the section B1 link in the navbar to remain highlighted while I am scrolling through B2 also...currently it only remains highlighted while I'm scrolling through B1 (since Webflow considers B2 a different section altogether).

Sorry for the lengthy post but I am not at liberty to show the site right now so I can't provide a link to it.

It sounds like you need to place your B2 section inside B1.

Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link really helps us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:
http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Here's the share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/library-2?preview=21c5cba3af201fa5909a24227cfb2c05

Your help is greatly appreciated!

My initial thought was correct. You need to have the main section and subsection wrapped in the same parent div. The parent div should be give the id that you are linking to. This way when you expand the sub-section the parent div will expand and the current state on the link will remain.

Hope that helps.

Great thanks!

Do you know if there's a way to change when the Navbar link gets highlighted ie. instead of highlighting Message in the Navbar when the Message Section reaches the top of the page, can it be highlighted earlier?

Hi Alex,

It's not possible to nest a section inside another one I thought...

I really can't disclose the website at this moment for privacy reasons

Instead of using a section use a div, since it's a sub-section not at section.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.