Need help with dropdown in Nav Bar

Hi, I am in need of help with the dropdown menu as it does not work as in the tutorials. I am seeking to have a simple drop down menu that does not expand the Nav Bar when opened, but rather drops down over the main section (as in the tutorials).

The problem:
I put in a dropdown widget, but when I click the arrow the dropdown expands the whole Nav Bar downwards creating an ugly site. I want the dropdown list to not be inside the Nav bar per se.

Steps to recreate:
Click the dropdown arrow on the Nav Bar of New Page (was running the dropdown test on the ‘New Page’). I use 2 diff Nav bars so the problem is not visible on the Main page.

here is the code:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/kubyenergy?preview=f99961f420b4e34dc7a6e4b2d6c96a41

Thanks

Hi @ayereniu, Can you please update your post with a few screenshots of the desired result you’re trying to achieve and also of what you are seeing right now? This will allow us to help you much faster.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

What I Want:

What I am seeing:

If I set the height of the Nav Bar to a fixed value, then the dropdown list appears only within the heigh as well:

Notice how the dropdown box pushes the Nav Bar all the way down to the bottom of the list. I don’t want either of those things to happen, just want a plain and simple dropdown box like in the tutorial

Any advice? I posted the screenshots below. I’m sure its just a simple rookie mistake - a button or setting I have on or off or something like that.

Hey @ayereniu can you please share your Read-Only link of the project so that we can further inspect? :smile:

Hi @Waldo, here is the link @ayereniu posted earlier above: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/kubyenergy?preview=f99961f420b4e34dc7a6e4b2d6c96a41

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.