Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Nested Rich Text Header Elements wont take CMS get text color option from Rich Text Block level

Hello,

Nested Rich Text Header Elements won’t take CMS “get text color” option applied to RTE Block level.

Here’s what I mean.

• I got a rich text block
  • I give it a class
  • I tell it to get text color from my CMS
  • Only the paragraphs change text color

I said, okay that’s cool, let me change it when I do the nested elements

• I select a header element
  • apply nested option on it
  • go to the cog where those purple boxes are usually found
  • And purple boxes aren’t there

However, if I just drag just a Header the get text color purple box is available.

So is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

Halp.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey! Have you tried styling the h1-6 tags directly? The rich text box is pulling from those text styles when they’re styled as headlines.

Right but my website will have different header styles depending on options picked via CMS so I can’t have all headers same styles across the board – hence nested RTE. I can create a header element in its own class but people won’t be able to do long-form posts via RTE using the correct styles and type color.

Hi @cpura

Thanks for posting about adding dynamic color to the Rich Text element.

Currently, it isn’t yet possible to get a dynamic color and apply it to a Rich Text element. The color will apply to the whole Rich text element.

A workaround, as mentioned by @adiggy, would be to style the h1-6 tags directly.

You are not alone in thinking this would be an awesome feature to have in Webflow. It is definitely something you can vote for on our Webflow Wishlist :bowing_man: