[FIXED] New add>symbol panel is great but names are too shorts

Use the shortcut shift-cmd-A.

But I miss the button too.

2 Likes

When you select an item and then right click on it, the menu is for the selected item, not the direct element youā€™re right clicking on (in your case the link). If thatā€™s not how it works then it might be a bug.

Iā€™m with you on this one. Way too hard to know which one i which one!

Hi sergie no you misunderstood. In this case I had two fullwidth/fullheight elements on top of each other and i needed the parent element of that, but couldnā€™t make that a symbol. But with the keyboard shortcut Iā€™m now able to, didnā€™t realize there was a shortcut for it.

Nonethelessā€¦we need a listview for symbols, for sure!! and sortable. should be a 5 minute fix for you guys because those were already possible before. Now iā€™ll just wait here until you get those fixes live. :sob:

1 Like

Let vote! A or B?

A)

B)

i choose ā€œBā€ :wink: enybody else?

I like ā€œBā€ā€¦ hereā€™s a slightly different version of Bā€¦

allows for long symbol names

I wish the symbols werenā€™t pushed so far down the UI.

As it is now, it canā€™t stay open.

If I have multiple page to populate with Symbols, I have to open the panel for each.

1 Like

B is my vote.

@vincent: I completely agree. The Elements and Symbols tabs should be ā€˜stickyā€™ so, each time you open the Add panel, it should show whichever tab was used last. That would be extremly helpful when inserting symbols on multiple pages ā€“ @thesergie

3 Likes

A) - allows for longer names

a little bit offtopic, but still relevant as a basic principle for the UI - so should be remembered the state of folders in the pages view - it is very incovenient to have the state of folders open by default all time

Hey @thesergie just wondering if there are any updates :slight_smile:

We should have an update within the next couple weeks for the list view. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Appreciate the fast response @thesergie looking forward to it

@vincent You can use the keyboard shortcut shift+a to instantly jump to the Symbols section. Hope this helps!

That helps BIG TIME!

Thanks for telling me :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t notice the ?panel had been updated.

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/mqysm.jpg

I can even see and advantage of now having the Navigator panel opened at the same time as the Symbol panel.

FYI Iā€™m still dreaming of a floating or always visible Navigator panel. Working on big screen, I have all the screen estate to deal with that. I even tried to do it by fiddling with the Inspector (oh boy did I fail).

1 Like

ā€œfloating or always visible Navigator panelā€ - requested long time agoā€¦ "hoist" feature for Navigator

Hi all - thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: Weā€™ve just pushed an update to display Symbols in a list view again. Should make it easier to read those longer named Symbols. Thanks for your patience on this!

4 Likes

very nice. IMO Much more useful this way.

Will play with it. Perhaps there might be some minor adjustmentsā€¦

• but as it is: I can already seeā€¦ the List is a huge improvement over the grid.

Thanks Webflow. :slight_smile:

1 Like