New divs get style properties from parent or child elements

Started to notice a bug just now. When I drag a new div in to other div’s that have styles assigned, the new div automatically get the style tag attached and I cant delete it! Anybody else gets this?

BR
Christoffer

Hi @Christoffer

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Brando

Here is an read-only link

The error occurred in the footer (its a symbol) in the div’s that holds the logos. I will try to reproduce. Have not worked on the site for some hours now.

I’m using Chrome 57 on Windows 10.

Update: The bug still happens. I place a new DivBlock inside the container DivBlock. I then go to the Navigator and drag the ‘Sponsorlinje logoer Wrapper’ DivBlock in to the new DivBlock. the new DivBlock then gets the style properties from the child DivBlock without me assigning the style to the new DivBlock… Earlier today the new DivBlock sometimes also got the style properties from the parent DivBlock…

Update 2: Same thing in incognito mode.

BR

1 Like

Have to leave office now

@Christoffer
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. This is definiltey strange and I have notified the team.

We are currently looking into the issue and hoping to get it resolved soon.

It looks like the issue only occurs within a symbol and if you select the parent element first.

There are two workarounds:

1. Unlink the symbol for the time being
  2. Select a child or sibling element first, then select the element you wish to edit

Doing either of these will prevent the issue form occurring.

Thanks again–I will post here when we have a solution for this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Christoffer

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

We just pushed a fix for this issue, can you please confirm on your end that class names for elements inside of symbols are working as expected?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

Hi Brando

Sorry for my late reply! Looks like the bug is fixed! Thank you for your
support! :slight_smile:

BR
Christoffer

Christoffer Furnes
(+47) 45 47 20 28
www.furnesdesign.no

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.