Streaming live at 10am (PST)

New Portfolio Website

Hi All,

I have finished the initial launch of my new website - first site built using webflow - hands down my favourite website builder of all time! I created everything (even the project planner at bottom of site) without a single bit of handwritten code (except font smoothing in the header).

www.overtongraphics.com

I have a lot of work to do still on this - a proper contact page and deeper pages in portfolios - ie companybook project page will become several pages as is ridiculously long, but I had to get something at least live for now so it does the job.

Cheers

Josh

Congrats. Cool website indeed. Thumbs up smiley

Looks great! You did some cool stuff on the site ... got me thinking how you made the interactions : )

Thanks

Here's the public link if you want to have a look at how

https://webflow.com/design/overtongraphics?preview=4267affed08145f6daf9539b1a4a8833

Awesome thanks for that! : )

I was wondering how you did the interaction for your project planer, since I did something on my site (ausbildung-test.webflow.com) which is pretty much the same in execution.
But your way is so much more elegant in the settings than mine. I never realized what the height setting in the interactions does : / ... using this makes it so much easier.

Ah cool - yes yours opens it up the same as mine did before people on here helped me get the last bit I wanted to work working.

This was to make it that when you open it it scrolls down a bit - and basically i just added in page linking to the button so it scrolled down to the footer upon click - thats what i wanted all along - without that it just opened and people had to scroll down to see the project planner which I didn't want to happen as is annoying for the user.

Cheers

Nice looking site Josh! Keep it up!

Thanks! Much appreciated. Will do : )

One thing I noticed is that the nav in mobile doesn't work as intended and the contact form seems to disappear on mobile too. Just giving you a heads up. I'd test it on actual touch devices as well to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Yea you're right ... having to scroll down after the area opens is a bit of an unnecessary effort.

Hmmm Thats a shame - i've tested it on my iPhone and it works perfectly for me :/ are you on android? sadly I can't test for that. Thanks for the heads up tho.

EDIT: Oh and i hid the project planner on iPhones on purpose - just a little bit too much of a headache for me at this point smile - thanks

Yep - so in the setting section for the header on your opening areas simply give it a unique ID and it will show up in the list of In Page Links for you to link to - then it will scroll smoothly once opened

@OvertonGraphics congrats! One of the cleaner site designs I've seen from a Webflow user in a while!

Is you contact form all built natively with Webflow's tools?

Thats very kind - thank you!

Yes it was - took a about 3 hours of tinkering (not including design). Follow the public link higher in this topic and mess around with it to see how I did it.

Cheers

@OvertonGraphics ok I'll have a look into that! Cheers

Nice clean website. I like it a lot. Great job.