Newbie: Problems when site uploaded to test server

Hi all, forgive me if I’m not in the right forum for this. I’m new to this and using Webflow. I’ve posted here as I’ve quite a few different issues on the one site.

I’m still very new to this and have been following the video tutorials as I go to create this site only having done the odd one page previously.

On the dashboard it looks ok (bar some issues with the footer disappearing and bits to sort out).
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/clean-air-website?preview=b0b069d1e8fa127c695d3481d943da68

However when viewed on the test site: http://test.westberks.gov.uk/html-pages/air-quality/2-air-quality.html it is completely different, the green header is grey, and on some pages it’s halfway down the page, on others at the bottom (Ultra low emission vehicles page), the fonts and colours aren’t present on any page except the home page and the footer shows up only as text.

At the moment I’m at a loss as to why any of this is happening and am wondering if any of this can be saved, or if it would need to be started from scratch as there seems to be so many issues on the test site.

This is a project work has given me without any previous experience in this field, but after seeing this on the test site, I’m wondering if I should leave it to the experts!

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @Hardcast

Welcome to Webflow!

The test site isn’t loading for me - could you post a new link or screenshots instead?

Has the site been exported from Webflow to upload/host elsewhere - or is your test link the one that you are publishing to from the Webflow Designer tool ?

Lots of newbie-friendly people here on the forums :slightly_smiling_face:

Once we know the above we can better advise if it’s an export issue or an internal bug.

Stu

Thanks @StuM, much appreciated. There’s some screen shots here . It’s uploaded elsewhere, currently putting somewhere it will be visible.

This link should work now. Thanks
http://www.westberks.gov.uk/html-pages/air-quality/index.html

Hey @Hardcast , checking the test site, it looks like the code from the Webflow designer is not on the live site.

For example, there is a class “wb-header” in the code of the live site, however in the CSS file there is no style associated with it. What is your process of exporting the code to your own server?

If you are hosting outside of Webflow, you will need to do a full code export, and re-upload to your server, after every change you make. You cannot update in Webflow and have the changes go live if you are not hosting on Webflow.

Does this make sense? Please let me know if this helps.

I’m going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you uploaded all of your exported folders, as you should, and you then made some changes within Webflow, and then only uploaded the newly-exported HTML files, as opposed to all of the exported folders.

Try deleting all the Webflow files in your server and upload a fresh export copy.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.