Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Ninja Academy Snowboarding

Hi all,

I've just finished working on a site for my snowboard coaching company and would love to get some feedback off the community.

I purchased and used the Approach theme as the starting point for the site. If anyone is thinking about buying a theme I can highly recommend it, the layout and pages are great. I then went on to add some extra bits to it and created a lot of new assets to use.

Any and all feed back would be greatly appreciated.

www.ninjacademy.co.uk

Nice site and rad names smiley

Be careful you have a lot of very light grey texts on white or grey and they're not the easiest to read.

One major design concern: The first photo in your header hero section has a grey sky, and you overlay it with grey on top of that. In the end, it's... grey and not vibrant, it's a bit sad. Down the page, you have some extremely nice blue skies and landscape pictures you could use instead, and you could use a colored overlay instead of the grey one. This would look happier, more dynamic, vibrant, positive. Do I make sense?

Thanks Vincent, great bit of feedback. I'll have a look at changing that first picture to more of a 'bluebird' day.

Hadn't thought about the text, now that you mention it is a bit washy. I'll clear it up smiley

Haha nice smile
These three would make great hero pictures

Awesome, I've changed to the Freestyle Development picture as a hero. Had to use a little gradient over the top still to help the text stand out, wanted to keep the white title. May have to update the first line of text in the hero to stand out a little more but easily done. smiley

That's so much more vibrant and Ninja!

Yeah you can add a very very subtle dark text shadow to these elements:

Awesome work! Was the integration with Rezdy easy? I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would love a breakdown of how you get it integrated into your site. Works wonderfully!

Also secretly hoping I can travel to Italy for the Dec 30 Freeride Red camp smile http://www.ninjaacademy.co.uk/freeride-red

Awesome work! Was the integration with Rezdy easy? I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would love a breakdown of how you get it integrated into your site. Works wonderfully!

Also secretly hoping I can travel to Italy for the Dec 30 Freeride Red camp smile http://www.ninjaacademy.co.uk/freeride-red

Hey Brryant, thanks alot! We're hoping you can come ride with us too! smile

The Rezdy integration was pretty straight forward and for a product like ours it is a really great fit.

Firstly you would need to sign up to Rezdy, they have a 7 day trial period to see if it is the right booking app to suit your needs.

Following sign up you create all of your event based products and add them to a scheduling calendar, this is then reflected on the booking form.

Once the products are scheduled Rezdy provides tools to create a 'Book Now' button that you can then embed into your site.

The tools generate a little bit of script that creates the 'BOOK NOW' button and links directly to their calendar based booking form for your product. When creating the button you have the option to open a modal version of the form or link to a hosted version on their servers. It takes a little bit of playing around with the generated code to get the button stylings to look how you want but Webflow enables you to do that using the HTML & CSS export feature.

You can choose to have a booking button link to a category or directly to a product. For example if you click book now on Freeride Red it will open the booking form for that product whereas if you click Book Now in the Nav bar you will see a category list of products.

If a book now button isn't what you want you can embed the script for the form directly into your Webflow page. You can customise the CSS of the Rezdy form to match your sites style however the layout of the form is fairly rigid and you can't change it's structure very much.

Thats pretty much it, Webflow made it kinda easy. If anyone would like some more advice on integrating it I'd be more than happy to help out smiley