No cloneable for free accounts

So I created a website in webflow but the project ended and my client will not continue to pay me (for being a freelace) so I will not be paying the webflow until you need it again … (if not I’ll be poor )

But because of the limit of my account now be free, my sites need to be public because if not I lose them … and cloneable by the way.

And so? Where are my rights to have worked hard on a project where everyone can copy it ???

They could have an option to leave the locked site (no view, without editing, without anything, and private), at least to keep my rights, no?

Seriously?

They could have an option to leave the locked site (no view, without editing, without anything, and private), at least to keep my rights, no?

Webflow can argue the same thing as you, why should they keep all your stuff private and secure when you are not paying them to do it?

1 Like

Sure, it could at least not be cloneable, no?

Or an option to import if I want to edit it later … I could take the site off webflow without problems, but i wanted to be able to return editing if the customer wants to change something in the future …

Still, I think the aggressive company just leave my site open to everyone to use …

customer

So it seems you are holding projects from existing clients… this means that they are paying you to host. So why aren’t you paying Webflow because they are hosting for you? Webflow shouldn’t be giving away free hosting to people.

Also, most websites you can simply copy and paste the code anyway, and you will have the same site, so making it clone-able doesn’t make too much of a difference from someone who can just copy and paste all of your code into their site.

2 Likes

I’m not hosting the site of my client, I just did the layout and sent it to a developer who did the rest.

This project had an admin complex that I could not do with Webflow (have access to bank information, credit card, etc …)

Besides so far I could not convince any client staying at webflow with other cheaper options … these days I made a website on Wix :frowning: :cry:

Thats true! Rsss :stuck_out_tongue:

You can pay month when you need to make changes.

You guys are right, I have changed my mind. Thank you for the patience! :wink: