No more than 20 collection list per page limitation?

Hi there,

I am having an issue with collection list limitation.
Can’t we add more than 20 collection per page ?
Should I upgrade to another plan ?
Is there a solution ?

I am building a little website for a theater, they have a lot of things to offer and I’m using collection lists and their amazing filter to build a friendly user experience. I just don’t understand the limitation I’m now facing.

Am I having a bad workflow with those collections ? Should I layout my page differently ?

Here a readonly link to my project: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tlhsierrecmspreview?preview=a22488e5342eeb8827e1b39b64181852

Thank you for your help,
Anthony

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

One way that I’ve gotten around this limitation is to create multiple pages. Use a tab or pagination interface to move back and forth between the pages. It’s not ideal if your page’s load time causes the user to notice that it’s new page.

If you want to get fancy with it, create page transitions on click and there’s some script you can inject to delay the page load. Check out this recent tut by @PixelGeek

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I will give it a try.
I’m just being curious, is there a reason why webflow is limiting pages ?
Is that too hardcore for the back-end to follow ?

Not sure what the technical reasons are, but I do remember being very happy when the limit was raised from 10 to 20.

I know for most of my projects having a way for the user to dynamically adjust the conditions/filter a collection would alleviate some reasons why I bump up against the 20 list limit.

1 Like

Well, it might actually be a good thing to have links to other pages as working with tabs navigation (like I do now) doesn’t change the URL, so if someone wants to share to a friend what he found on the page he was looking at, his friend will just get the landing page and not the open tab.

I am right now rethinking my entire UX ^^ too bad, i was damn happy with my layout :slight_smile:

:sunglasses: It’s all about how we respond to life’s limitations.

Maybe you’ll end up liking your work around even more than the original. Happy designing!

1 Like

Thanks man !!! :sunglasses: I’ll share my work with all of you !
Thank you for the support.

1 Like

Hi @matthewpmunger :slight_smile:

So I’ve rebuild my layout with buttons linking to new pages instead of Tabs system navigation.
I’ve checked the transition page video you sent me (thank you), looks pretty cool and clever !
I think I could repeat what Nelson did.

The only thing missing is I’d love the page to reappear exactely at the same scrollbar height I left the page while clicking on the button. Right now, everytime a new page loads, it appears at the very top (which is kind of normal for a new page)… The transition right now indeed is pretty brutal.

Would you suggest a technic (code?) so that the new page loads at the same height level of the previous page ? I was thinking in addition to the new page link, adding a “page section” link so the new page knows, where it has to scroll to. I hope I’m making sense :slight_smile: (see screenshot)

Thank you :slight_smile:
Anthony

)

Ok I think I resolved my question by myself.
I just added /page-name/#section-id on the custom URL field from my button.

It works :slight_smile:

1 Like

:ok_hand:Exactly what I would have done too!

Sorry, I was busy and couldn’t answer earlier.

Yeah, this is quite a known limitation by now. Recently though, another tier limit of 40 collection lists per page was released for business hosting, if you really require this feature.

► [LIST] Feature Availability & Limits

1 Like

When did Business Hosting get bumped up to 40?
Wow, how did I missed that! I’ve got several projects that bump up against the 20 limit. Crazy.

Thanks @samliew for the update and link to that other post.

Hi @matthewpmunger,

I have a little question regarding the transition effect video you sent me.
I’m trying to follow, step by step, second by second what Nelson is doing but at 10:44, when I then select my overlay and come back to the interaction window, I don’t have the same screen as Nelson has: the Load Out animation is gone and I’m back to set a new element trigger. So confusing somehow.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Thank you :slight_smile:

My read-only link

Hey @anthonysalamin

1. First go into the interaction.
  2. If the element to animate is not visible in the designer, go to the Navigator (F) and select the element from the page structure.
  3. Then go back to the Interactions (H).
  4. Continue animating.

The key thing to remember is that you can only click inside the Designer, Navigator, or Interactions panels. If you click any other panel, like the Styles or Settings, you break process of animating because Webflow assumes you’ve moved onto a different task and automatically stops the current task of animating.

This is actually a good thing once you understand what’s happening. There just aren’t any visual cues to let you know what’s happened. Early on in iX2 the Navigator would also break the task flow which was problematic for animations like this where things are off the screen.

Does that solve your issue?

BTW the site is looking really click. How did you go about creating the animated SVG logo? Animating SVG is something I want to get into, especially since I have a background in video animation using After Effects.

1 Like

Hey @matthewpmunger,

Awesome, thank you for your answer, I’ll give it another try and will let you know !
Regarding the SVG animation, I’m by no means an SVG ninja… but after digging some time on google, I found an amazing opensource plugin called vivus ! It’s crazy what you can do !!

You just need an SVG constructed with strokes, and then you could even use the vivus instant to directly drag and drop your svg from illustrator into your web browser and start animate it ! Controls are quite simple but very effective, with loops and easing and stuff. You then just download your animated svg and upload it on Webflow !

Super cool workflow ! :smiley: Have fun !

2 Likes

I’m going to have to play around with that for sure. Thanks.

1 Like

I found that talk very inspiring. I’ll be looking into SVG bit more I guess, amazing UI possibilities.

Hi @matthewpmunger :slight_smile:

Well I’ve tried again but it seems Webflow doesn’t want me to use transition page on my project.
I just can’t go back to the Interactions without losing the previous element trigger “Load Out”.
I made a small video screenshot of my problem.

is it because my button is inside of a symbol element that I can’t continue animating ?

The read only link to your project isn’t working. Please send a new one so I can take a closer look.

Sorry about that, here is a new read-only link.

Thank you for your time ! :slight_smile: