No responsive images with CSV import

Just as the title says - when using the new CSV import feature images aren’t responsive when you place them into the canvas. All you get in the HTML is the full sized image with no “srcset” attribute.

Any help with this guys? Thanks

Is there a workaround? Should I wait for a fix, or I shouldn’t expect anything anytime soon and I should just manually insert the images for 100+ CMS items?

Would love if any guys at Webflow can answer.

Hi @TheWildType

Thanks for posting this and for your patience, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Our team is currently investigating the issue–hoping to have it resolved shortly!

I will post back here as soon as I have more information.

Hey Brando,

I don’t feel comfortable sharing the full site on a public forum but I easily recreated the bug with just another CSV import on a Webflow subdomain.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/csv-image-import?preview=b418d6489561eb3253baae2d6350e88a

http://csv-image-import.webflow.io/

The first time I saw this was yesterday (the first time I did an import).

Awaiting your reply. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @TheWildType

Thank you again for letting us know about this issue.

After the team investigated this further, we found a solution.

During CSV import we upload imported images to our server. After Import, the Designer will lazily generate responsive image variants while you continue designing–this could take up to 20 seconds per image.

Then the Designer will take measurements, and will require a publish after all that’s complete to have the srcset/sizes attributes set on your published site. This all happens behind the scenes.

However, right after CSV import you can can use the cmd + shift + i (ctrl on Windows) keyboard shortcut to manually trigger variant generation and image measurements

​Please let me know if this solves the problem, I’m standing by for your reply.

4 Likes

This! Didn’t think it would be this easy!

Thank you Brando!

2 Likes

@TheWildType

Thanks for reaching out with an update–I am happy to hear that helped!

:smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.