Streaming live at 10am (PST)

No scroll bar in Add Elements Panel

I’ve been dealing with this issue for a while now, but finally got annoyed enough to write. I found a post from Jan of last year, but didn’t seen any followup with a solution.

I don’t have a scroll bar in the Add Elements area. Every time I want to add something that’s below the browser viewport, I have to close the panels above them to be able to access the things at the bottom. When building a form, it’s REALLY irritating.

I’m using the latest version of Chrome (Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Windows 10 Pro v.1709.

Any idea what the solution to this is?

Thanks.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @ctotty

​to make sure its not an issue with an installed extension, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console

I’ll be standing by for your response.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
It was easily reproduced in incognito mode. See screenshot.
Also included is screenshot of the console.

Please let me know if I need to do anything else.
Thanks.

I also don’t see a scroll bar on my designer. but I can use my mousewheel and trackpad to scroll up/down.

Are you not able to scroll up/down?

I’ll be standing by for your response.

LOL. Well, I can on my trackpad, which I never use, because I use a basic Wacom tablet without a scrollwheel.

Guess I’ll have to set one of the pen function to scroll.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi, I am not convinced this response. This was acknowledged as an issue a year ago and seems to have reappeared and saying it doesn’t work for me either is a bit poor.

The behaviour of this section is inconsistent with other sections where the scroll bar appears automatically. How does it make sense that the [Pages] & [Assets] areas have scroll bars automatically appear on open but [Add Elements] doesn’t?

What do you do if you don’t have a scroll button on the mouse at the time?

When I use my laptop its a real pain. I can get the scroll bar to appear after doing a two finger scroll and then the scroll bar but like I say its a pain and not consistent.

Is it possible to take another look and confirm if this is actually a bug or if the inconsistent behaviour is by design.

Many thanks in advance
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.