Now you’ve got more item references and dynamic lists to play with

Webflow CMS has been in your hands for a while now, and as we’ve seen the incredible, dynamic sites you’ve all been building, we’ve realized that the more item refs and Dynamic Lists you have, the more powerful your sites become.

Which is why we’ve raised the number of references and multi-references you can have in one Collection from 3 to 5, so you can create even richer relationships between your site’s Collections, without sacrificing performance.

We’ve also bumped the limit on Dynamic Lists per page from 10 to 20! So now you can build even more complex modular pages, like we did with our 2015 in Review, and highlight more Collections, making category-driven content sites even more robust. All without slowing down your site, thanks to our blazing-fast Amazon CDN and Fastly.

Oh, and we’re working on ways to give you even more references and Dynamic Lists. So stay tuned.

We can’t wait to see what you build—happy designing!

30 Likes

Thanks webflow team, you are awesome… Keep it coming

3 Likes

This is exactly what i mean with: Webflow Listens to the web designers. Many Many thanks!

4 Likes

Awesome John!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can I use my API to return JSON data to a dynamic list

This great!

One thing I’m missing though to take full advantage of this feature is the possibility to add an either/or filter on the dynamic items on the collection pages. This would allow collection pages to display relevant items, regardless in which of the connected reference list they are featured.
Basically, I’m looking for a filter that allows broadening the scope of what is displayed.

so if I have a blog post which has three categories: cat 1: ‘motivation’; cat 2 ‘courage’ and cat 3 ‘drunk fails’
and another post with three categories: cat 1 ‘sunny side up’; cat 2 ‘drunk fails’ and cat 3 ‘motivation’, then

I could have my collection template for the category ‘motivation’ display both posts. And the collection template for ‘drunk fails’ would also feature both posts.

Currently, the only way to get both post show up on the same list is by having the same references in the same position. I.e. only if they are both cat 1.
As of now, I can set the filter of the a list to ‘cat 1 is current category’.

Now, I’d like to add a filter, that says: OR cat 2 is current category, OR Cat n is current category.

Hope I’m talking some sense here :smiley:

Let me know and keep up the good work!

Chris

1 Like

I was exited… Then I realized the 5 multi-references in one collection don´t bring me anything because of the limit of 30 sections inside a collection.

Another solution for me would be the possibility to create multiple collections with the same URL (inlearnity.com/result/…). This solution would be the best one :o

Any plans for that?

@mDesign - It looks like you have a lot of fields that start with “IF…” - I wonder if those can be converted to switches… or if you can use conditional visibility.

1 Like

Background: on InLearnity you can find all kinds of different inspiring and educational content - documentaries, books, meetups, talks and more. Every category needs some individual fields. But all results need to be accessible using the /result/… URL.

This is great however, the limit is still 20 dynamic collections /site?
I need more because I need 2 duplicate them for 2 other languages?

5 is not enough…

We don’t even have a complicated website, but all of our sections relate to each other e.g.
We have services, those services need to be related to a department, other services, an industry, blog posts, news, case studies, reviews and primary contacts.

5 is not enough…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.