Numbered List Error

Hey Webflow World,

My editors have uploaded a lot of content and they’ve noticed something in our site’s mobile view. Every time they use the “numbered list” feature in rich text, the site will show 1-9 perfectly but then 0 instead of 10 or 1 instead of 11.

I’ve messed with every container, padding, margin, etc. and can’t seem to figure out why the first digit of multi-digit numbers in the number list are being cut off in the mobile view.

The numbering looks fine when editing in the rich text field and it looks normal in desktop, but in mobile, the first digit is always gone after 9.

What have I got wrong here?

Hello, @c-mac!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

Thanks so much for reporting this issue, I really appreciate it.

Which project are you specifically having issues with? Can you share your read-only link with me so I can jump in and investigate?

We’ll be looking forward to your response so we can help you solve this issue.

So it appears that it is a margin issue after all. To fix, I have to recreate the numbered list on a separate page and then apply CSS and then paste it back in. Kind of a lot of work to get the numbered lists to render the way they are supposed to. Hmmmm…

Hey, @c-mac!

So glad you have a solution! Yes, sometimes it can be a pain to style those things elsewhere. I usually keep a style page with all the elements I’m using and make master changes there.

If you’re styling in a Rich Text Element you can also use nested styles to affect only elements in that RTE. Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist you further!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.