On-page editing not working for collections

Hello,

ISSUE
Recently, I noticed I could no longer edit collection items on page through the editor. The haven’t been any significant changes to my browser or site other than the following:

1st THEORY
I thought this was due to a plugin I installed, called Loom for screencasting, which did not work while I was in the editor. I uninstalled it and tried a different browser as well and the problem persists, so it’s possibly unrelated.

SYMPTOMS
When I try to edit a collection element, on-page, the gray-lined box around the element freezes, and remains there even if I try to edit a separate element (most of the time, sometimes I just have to click outside the element).

Here’s the read-only link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/fundacionflic?preview=d17961cb941a1b3fce089f0c3acb8c06

Browsers: Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 was where I noticed the issue. I then tried Safari 10.1.1

Any tips?

Hi @Yaco

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

When did it start occurring?

I was unable to reproduce this behavior on a new site. Can you please send me screenshots of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

@Yaco we’re working on a bug fix for this and will post an update here as soon as the fix is live. ​Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we work towards a resolution! :bow:

@Yaco Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Editor) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature?

Thanks in advance and standing by for your confirmation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.