"Open in new tab" not working for File link

Target “_blank” is not applied when “Open in new tab” is checked on an attachment type link.

What do you mean target blank is not applied? When you check the box, the link doesn’t open in a new tab?

Here’s another thread in case you need it:

Exactly… Check box “checked” to open in a new tab, but opens in the same window… bug ONLY for file type links

Yep, I think it’s a known issue that should have an update. Does it happen on:

1. All buttons, link blocks?
  2. On every page?
  3. In each project?

If so, I guess wait until an update is pushed out. But definitely contact support directly to let them know.

@pixelemotion

Thanks for posting about this. This is a known issue where sometimes target “_blank” is not applied when checked and visa versa — our team is working to resolve

To resolve this, can you please delete the link, then recreate it? You can check out this other forum post for reference: [Resolved] Link opening new tab despite box unchecked - #2 by roblewi5

​Please let me know if this solves the problem. If not, I’m happy to help further.

Thank you for the answer.
I’ve done the process, a couple of times, even deleted completely the button and started over… still the same problem…

For some reason, bug is only concerning file type link… general URL are applying correctly the _blank rule

Thanks for posting this update @pixelemotion

Can you please share your Read-Only link and let me know which element you are working with so I can take a closer look? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.