"Open in Webflow" not available anymore from showcase?

Hi,

A long time ago every website that was on showcase was available to be seen in Webflow. I’ve saved this way of making a navbar made by @ryanmorrison because who knew when I would need it, but it seemed really well made: meganav-v2 - Webflow

I do need it now but I can’t seem to find the button anymore which I could click that would allow me to see all the layers and interactions?

Thank you

Good question!

Open in Webflow feature still exist. E.g. https://webflow.com/website/Fullpagejs-Webflow-Integration-Template

In order for a showcased site to be opened in Webflow, it has to follow some conditions.

A Webflow site (not necessarily showcased) can be opened in Webflow when a sharing link has been generated

A showcased site can be Clonable

At present time, for a showcased site to be opened in Webflow, it needs to have a sharing link activated and to be clonable.

Hi Vincent,

Thank you. So if it’s not cloneable, we can’t see the webpage in Webflow anymore, am I right?

If that’s true, Webflow butchered one of their most valuable features in showcase — the ability of others to learn from those who achieved nice outputs. I wanted to learn how to make that specific menu of Ryan’s. Too bad but if anyone from Webflow management is reading this, please add it back. Now I will either flood the forums with 10 to 12 posts until someone might point how to achieve that effect or I will just give up on it and leave with a sour taste.

2 Likes

It seems.

I’m very persuaded that this is temporary. The point you make is very true. I think we’re in that position because before that, you couldn’t prevent the Open in Webflow with a site that was showcased, and in many cases, that was a privacy problem.

2 Likes

I really hope that it’s temporary as well. I’ve learned so much from this feature! My favorite part of the Webflow community.

1 Like

FWIW - @PixelGeek has made a video on how to make a mega menu similar to @ryanmorrison’s. See here: Recreating the Webflow megamenu without coding - YouTube

Also, recreating Boosted Board’s mega menu: Building a mega menu in Webflow - YouTube

If you’re on a time crunch and need to figure it out, I would start at the above!

100%! Is there a filter to find “made in webflow” sites that can “open in webflow” designer? It has saved me tons of time to figure out how people are implementing things!