"Open menu" in navbar dissappear when styling states

Hi,

styling states in the mobile version of the navbar is currently not possible. When styling the navigation bar for mobile mode, one must click “open menu” in Element settings. This works fine, but if you want to style a state, as soon as you click “state->hover” or “state->visited” etc, the mobile version of the navbar dissappear.

It seems like its just “invisible”. One must manually click the “open menu” button to open it again, however the “open menu” button thinks its activated so one must click it twice in order to open it again.

(Im using chrome)

Best regards
MrReierz

Hi @mrreierz! Welcome to the community.

For starters, can you share your read-only link? It’ll help the community see what’s going on. Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Its universal for all projects. Here is a video with a demonstration:

https://vimeo.com/337846716

Hi, @mrreierz!! :wave:

Thanks so much for taking the time to report this! This is a known quirk in the Navbar. You can still style any state by simply opening the menu back up and switching to the Style Panel. See this video:

CloudApp

I don’t have a timeline on when this will be addressed, but when it is someone will reach back out to you here! Thanks again for posting! :smiley:

Thanks for the quick fix :slight_smile:

I had to style it “blindly”, but now I can see whats going on.

Hope you get to fix the bug in the future

Good luck
MrReierz

I first reported this in February, after losing a lot of time fussing with it wondering if it was just me. I confess, I’m getting pretty annoyed with Webflow. The Designer in general is getting so glitchy, it’s hard to do anything, or to know what’s a real bug or Webflow just not working for me. The only way I’ve been able to style the tablet and mobile views of my navbars has been to put a dropdown in a style guide page and styling that. I can re-open the dropdowns in the navbar all I want, but it won’t stay open.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.