I do the test on an empty site.
Add heading “hello world” with Arial font. Go to speed test:
Looks great (HTML file - jquery - webflow custom js - webflow custom css):
Step 2 - Change arial font to
open-sans extra bold
Now do speed test - the file req jump from 4 to 16 (
extra 12 calls - entire family for the entire site)
Sub-problem - Webflow load the entire family, although I used only open-sans 800.
Step 3 - Change the font again to system font - back to Arial
Change the heading to ARIAL - Do speed test - webflow call to open-sans (But i don’t use this font anywhere):
I find this issue when i try to solve this Forum Q: