Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Opening menu disables my blog content section

Hi,

I’m having issues where the content section of my blog gets disabled on mobile when I open the drop-down menu. To reproduce this issue follow these steps:

1. Open drop-down menu.
  2. Tap on “All Posts”.
  3. Open and close the drop-down menu.
  4. Try to tap on a blog post or anything in the content section. Nothing happens.

I’m not too sure where I may have screwed up.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/blog-from-scratch-f5e2ef?utm_source=blog-from-scratch-f5e2ef&preview=ff4eeb42af9aea52088701b6571e7d0c
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi, @masharty!

Thanks for posting this here about your dropdown menu not working as expected.

I was able to take a look at your project and noticed that the interaction is custom though you may be using the native Navbar element.

The Navbar element has a dropdown interaction automatically available, and it looks that these interactions are interfering.

Feel free to take a look at the following short screen capture to note a possible solution: https://cl.ly/6a5e52d96746

You could use the custom interaction on a non-Navbar element to create your own, custom dropdown menu.

Hopefully, this is helpful :bowing_man:

Feel free to let us know if this is helpful, or if you have any additional questions.

Hi, thanks for the video. I’m not sure I fully understand your solution. Are you suggesting I remove the custom interaction and use the default NAV interaction? The reason why I used the custom interaction is because the default NAV drop down interaction was not working. If you go to the navbar settings and try to open the menu, nothing happens. Not sure why that’s the case.

Hi again, @masharty. I did some more investigating with a teammate and noted that, unfortunately, it looks like you’ve discovered a bug.

I have notified our team and passed along this information to our engineers. We’ll reach back out here as soon as we have a fix in place.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to rebuild the nav without using the native Webflow navbar element. Thanks in advance for your patience :bowing_man:

Thanks! What’s your usual turnaround time with such bugs? Looks like this might affect a lot of people who are using that webflow navbar element.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.