Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Order confirmation price

Hi all. I am trying to design my order confirmation page but can’t see how to connect the price to the product on that particular page it only allows me to ‘get’ from a collection and not from the product. How can I fix this?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @soutrasteve

When you set Ecommerce up, the order confirmation page should automatically have a structure where your products will be shown in the Items in Order section. By default it would be empty, but once you start adding Products, you’ll see that their image, name, quantity and price will be shown.

As you’ll see the list of products in this block is connected to the Products collection

Then all the elements inside of it (including the one responsible for rendering price) are using connection from within this collection. Here a Text Block is connected to the Total Price (which reflects item’s price x quantity) field.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Maciej

Thanks Maciej. Would you mind taking a look at my page here:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/beer-shop?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=beer-shop&preview=c7fde6387367604a61a0c388f06d2391&pageId=5eeaaa08a93ec7ffa8387a61&mode=preview

and letting me know what I am doing wrong? The link is to collection list instead of product. see screenshot below.

On a separate issue is it possible to save a interaction along with a symbol so that it is available on each instance across site? I have an animation on my nav bar.

S

Yes, so you’ve connected the list to a regular CMS collection Bottles and that won’t work with Ecommerce. In order to make full use of the commerce functionality you’d need to use Products collection (which is a special type fo CMS collection) to create these. Then you’ll have and easy access to all the fields, like price.

You could create custom price field on you Bottles collection, but that still won’t work with Ecommerce. This items will show up on the page, but aren’t compatible with functionality like add to cart, cart, checkout.

On a separate issue is it possible to save a interaction along with a symbol so that it is available on each instance across site? I have an animation on my nav bar.

I think that should be doable by choosing a reusable interaction selector, but i’m not and expert on IX2. I’d look for a similar topic or post a question in the Interactions forum here: https://forum.webflow.com/c/design-help/interactions/

Hope this helps!
Maciej