Overflow disconnects

Hey. I noticed that overflow disconnects itself.

1 Like

Can you elaborate a bit more? Internet wise? Or is the designer not working?

I confirm this behaviour. Never noticed this before.

@Brando This looks like a bug to me, can you please have a look?

I am having this problem with all of my projects too. The overflow auto resets whenever i change it and it is very annoying… Hope to get a fix soon

Having the same problem. I thought it was an issue on my part until now.

I can provide any detailed info if needed for fixing.

@PixelGeek Just thought I would tag you here to let you know whats going on.

Oh and I was first thinking this is purely visual since sometimes by changing layers with keyboard shortcuts the overflow would suddenly spring back onto the layer it disappeared from, but now I see that it may be gone for good as well. Definitely a bug that needs an urgent fix.

@mistercreate Hey, Micah! Thought I would make you aware of this situation so it can be addressed being tat multiple people are experiencing this.

Hi @Andrey.M, @Samuel_Chan , @dram, @celeste, and @Noah-R,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this, as it definitely sounds like odd behavior.

I was able to reproduce the issue of the Overflow setting being changed when the Display, or Position, setting is changed.

We’ve gone ahead and notified our engineers to take a look.

Though I do not yet have a timeline on an available fix, I’ll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks again, and thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

thank you for noticing

Hi @Andrey.M @Noah-R @dram @celeste.

Thanks again for reporting the issue. We have a fix prepped and it’s currently going through some QA testing. I’ll be sure to post an update here when the fix is live.

4 Likes

thanks so much, my sanity is slowly melting away over here :smiley:

1 Like

God dammit

just so everyone knows, it resets overflow not only in case of any parameter change on the object but just by selecting it. Aaaaand now I need to go back and check my last four days of work for the broken elements and stop any kind of work altogether until the fix is live.

1 Like

Hi @Andrey.M @Noah-R @dram @celeste,

We are deploying a fix for this now! :tada:

It may still take a bit for the deploy to finish, but it should be resolved within the next few hours.

2 Likes

Thank you! Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I am trying to make a div scrollable inside another div. Actually no problem. Recently this feature is buggy.

I set the overflwo auto and publisch - works fine.

Then I change just one setting (no matter what) of the concerned div, and the overflow setting changes back to visible…

Why is this? Anyone else has this problem?

1 Like

Yes, there is currently a bug in Webflow. Hopefully this gets fixed soon or most of WF users who have any kind of non-default overflow settings will have their designs broken without even knowing it.

@lissy_m this should be resolved for you now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.