Pagination in Webflow

A webflow staff said it here:

So run a blog without pagination!

Webflow thinks this is not important, so then why make a CMS?
Loosers. Looking for another drag and drop platform.

2 Likes

Pagination is planned on the wishlist. Webflow Wishlist

@barnabasnagy why so angry? Webflow is an ongoing project, constantly being updated - it will never be Ā“completeĀ“ as such.

The staff are super friendly and always try to help, as do others in the Webflow community who are not paid by Webflow but try to help too.

Chill out man.

4 Likes

Lets not jump ahead right off the bat, rather give the Webflow team some time. In my case I am patiently waiting for Interaction 2.0.

So give the Webflow team some time @barnabasnagy

1 Like

I know. Means nothing if itā€™s just in planning phase.

I run a blog and a business on webflow. In fact I moved all my business and personal websites to them. I pay them loads of money. And they implemented a CMS system that does not work. If you have no pagination donā€™t make a CMS.

The CMS system does work. In fact, itā€™s quite powerful and super flexible. In lieu of built-in pagination, there are some pretty easy work arounds. Have you tried any of those?

I have my own sites and many client sites running on Webflow. I donā€™t pay loads of money, just the agreed upon amount for the designer tool and then each siteā€™s hosting fee. And for the sites I still have on Wordpress, every time I have to work on them, I up the priority of moving them to Webflow.

Webflow is much more than a drag and drop platform and I think you will be hard pressed to find anything as user friendly, easily maintained, and flexible.

It would be nice if pagination had already been delivered but itā€™s coming. Hang in there.

3 Likes

@barnabasnagy pagination is probably not the highest priority since there is a workaround with using the ā€œLimit Itemsā€ filter. Sure not ideal, but it will get the job done while we wait for the full feature. If itā€™s not for you - simply leave and use another tool, no need to go on a public forum and insult everyoneā€™s hard work.

1 Like

Calm down dude ā€¦

The web is a beautiful place and has the most open minded community I have ever encountered. Furthermore, it is the biggest network mankind has ever managed to create.

Webflow also has an amazing community that is willing to help you out on any question imaginable for no charge. Yet, reading your comment, I can only shake my head.

Lets agree on this: You were fully aware of webflows capabilities at the point of sale, right?
Nowhere on this site can you find a section that promises you pagination, yet you demand it vigorously.

Also, if webflow were to implement this feature, would you be willing to pay more? Of course not, right? After all, this is the internet and ā€˜everybodyā€™ is able to develop a drag and drop platform, whats so difficult about it anyway, right?

I would love to see you go to a car dealership and demand the newer version of your car, for free of course. After all, you pay for it by monthly installments, therefore it shall forever be upgraded.

There are about a thousand solutions for your problem, insulting webflow and its awesome developers is not one of them. Quit your whining, work the problem and keep your negativity and insults away from this forum, please.

Best,
Karl-Heinrich

2 Likes

I think this might be a lot more about ā€œnot knowing whenā€.

Iā€™m personally clueless as to why there isnā€™t a trello update roadmap with target dates and sorting.

Planned
Working On Now
Testing
Released

The wishlist was fun at first but now Itā€™s basically just a suggestion graveyard.

2 Likes

Iā€™m paying webflow so I have the right to post on this forum and if I want to I can be negative. There is no CMS without pagination. So if webflow doesnā€™t care for this they should have made everyone aware upfront when they launched their CMS. ā€œThis is a CMS but we have no pagination and youā€™re limited to 100 itemsā€. That would be honest.

Graveyard indeed! They call these ā€œfeaturesā€ yet these are bugs!

I was happy with webflow so far even though I was aware of some of itā€™s limitations. But this is basic folks. A CMS without pagination? You kidding me?

The workaraound Iā€™ve seen was tabbing. But I already have a tab system in place for filtering the items per category so I canā€™t add another tab for pagination.

Any other workaround?

ā€œeveryoneā€™s hard workā€ - did I insult your work? Did I actually insult anyoneā€™s or just told them what they donā€™t want to hear. They made a big mistake and they call it a ā€œfeatureā€. Come on.

I added the ā€œLimit itemsā€ filter and now my page can show 123 items on one page. Great. Letsā€™s wait until I publish all my 1275 items and letā€™s see how the page loads. Ridiculous.

Sorry for the late reply. You can create a ā€œblog postsā€ type of page and if needed create multiple sections and limit the first section to X number of posts starting at 1 and going to X. Then have a button that unhides the 2nd section and start showing post from where you left off at the previous section.

For pagination of single post you can create a ā€œteaserā€ area at the bottom and use numbers (create a number field in the collection for this method) or use an image or title from the post and make it a link. You can order the teasers by date or other field you might choose.

2 Likes

The ability to paginate collection lists in Webflow is now live: Paginate Collection Lists | Webflow Features

Hereā€™s how to to paginate collection lists in your Webflow hosted sites.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. :page_with_curl::open_book: āžž

1 Like

Can this be applied to individual items or just to the entire collection? Meaning if Iā€™m on Blog 3 can I have a next/previous to Blog 2 and Blog 4?

Pagination only works on lists at this time. It will come later though.

Edit: it will not come later at this point.

Vlad is answering this on this crowd cast with Nelson. At approx 45 minutes.

@jorn Guess that was part of the Crowdcast?

1 Like