Password protection for individual pages and folders

Yes, we really need to be able to passord protect subfolders. Please…

2 Likes

I’d like to see individual passwords on sites. Especially a way for clients to access.

4 Likes

This feature has already been implemented into the Webflow platform:

http://help.webflow.com/site-settings/hosting#set-username-and-password

Figured I’d also hop on. It would definitely be useful to password-protect individual pages (the same way everyone sees the Webflow home page, but I have to log in to get to the account page).

At this point, if I understand it correctly, we’d need to export the site off Webflow and host it elsewhere, right?

4 Likes

+1 I’m not a web designer, but a photographer. Webflow is allowing my to create my own site completely free of restrictions. However, I do need to host client galleries and it’s exceptionally useful to have these pages individually password protected.

2 Likes

We’ve been talking about a page. Not password protecting the ENTIRE site. Can this feature be implemented?

2 Likes

The team is aware of community’s need for this feature, but we do not yet have an ETA.

1 Like

Also like to add us as wanting this feature please.

1 Like

Will there be a built in CMS in the near future including the ability to manage usernames and passwords that we can assign to users or have people sign up for and get approved?

3 Likes

Amen…This would be awesome…

1 Like

+1,000,000

Passwording individual pages and directories would make the Webflow Premium membership worthwhile to me. Until then, I’m cheaping out.

Love the product though.

1 Like

yes i agree, password protected pages would be great.

1 Like

Here’s a big +1 for pass protect on individual pages. Especially on the Webflow hosting. Right now i want to use all the features of WF super fast hosting + .htaccess, but I can’t because of no server access.

Of course I can do it on my own server through direct admin, or .htaccess, but I want it WITH the CMS of Webflow. :wink:

Sounds like an entire user system which is very complex. That’s separate from password protecting individual pages.

2 Likes

Hey everyone I know it’s not an ideal workflow but why not publish the page you don’t want others to see on the subdomain (webflow.io) and turn off indexing for the subdomain. Then there are no worries of visitors finding the page.

Or is there something I’m missing here?

It seems so simple to understand: individual page requiring a password. An example: I did a project for a client that doesn’t like to have me show their work. But i have the right to legally show it, but I want to only show the thumbnail, like a tease. If potential new clients really want to see it, they’ll need a password after signing an NDA. Or a photographer who wants to show the photos of a wedding to its client through the website but want to keep it private.
Just like Wordpress can do it since 2005…

No need to be snarky. If Wordpress does it, doesn’t always mean we should do it. But with this case its a common enough feature that it’s not a hard sell.

3 Likes

It works, yes. But it’s also the idea of the login form; It looks professional. I also have clients who ask about this regularly. It would be a really nice feature to have.

Wondering if it would be okay just to have a generic page with a password form or if the current username/password dialog box is better.

Let my try to explain the desired functionality.

Say my company organizes weekly -private- events, and every event has documents and follow ups for the participants of the event. Say: PDF’s of a presentation, member list with contact details, a brief summary, and so on.

Of course I can make individual pages, and make it not visible (also to robots). But if I use the CMS and have every page as such: “url.com/event-1” ,“url.com/event2”, “url.com/event3” and so on, it is really easy to know where all the content is.

Thus, I need a simple URL for people to give them external access, but I want to keep the contents private to only the people that have the (username &) password. AND I want to use the power of the CMS to easily recreate the pages as if it were a blog.

Does that make any sense @thesergie?

1 Like