Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Payments not processing // Error is > invalid string: " at most 1000 characters"

Hi,

We have a site using webflow e-commerce : https://www.lintendance.co and sadly we have clients today that can’t complete their payments…

On the stripe dashboard we see the following error :
“invalid string at most 1000 characters”

As you can see we are missing big orders… and users are sending us emails to try and complete the order unsuccessfully.

[UPDATE] : Some clients have tried ordering again but by breaking down their order in 2 seperate carts and orders and it worked. Is there a limitation on webflow’s part on the amount of different products that can go in a cart ?

Any idea of why this is happening ? @Waldo @PixelGeek @rileyrichter
Thanks so much for your help

After checking with stripe support, they seem to say the error must come from the webflow integration… Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @pepperclip! Thanks so much for tagging me on this and for the detailed information. I’m going to ping some people on the team and see what I can find out for you. :webflow_heart:

Me or someone from the team will post updates here! :webflow_heart:

Thank you so much @rileyrichter !

We’re really looking forward to hearing from you guys :slight_smile:
Do you need a read-only or something like that ?

I don’t think it’s necessary but… tell me if that’s the case

1 Like

You’re welcome, @pepperclip!

No, we have the live site link. That should suffice! I’ll post here if we need anything else! :smile:

Hi, @pepperclip! Just an update here:

One of our engineers was able to identify the issue. I’ll let you know as soon as we roll out a fix for this!

Ok thanks.

We’re currently listing all the failed transactions because of this bug… It seems to be a bigger problem than we first imagined :cry:

1 Like

Oh, man! I’m so sorry about that! :webflow_heart: Thanks for your patience as we work through this.

Ok, we’ve tracked over the last 5 days a lot of transactions failed from this bug… 25 payment failures just today :sob: