Paypal integration

Hi there!!

Trying to integrate PayPal into my site but keep getting a never ending loading screen (attached) when PayPal directs me back to Webflow :weary: Paypal has accepted the connection but doesn’t seem like Webflow is communicating back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Interesting. Follow you ! :smiley: :smiley:

Is there any solution for this? I am currently having the issue and it’s so frustrating, did anyone get it to work? I’ve tried different browsers and keep getting the same issue.

So I did some investigating. I tried accross different browsers, I tried changing up my behaviours (e.g, signing in to my personal account, then accessing my business account. Also tried manually changing the nation of PayPal). None of that worked, but I did find this in the developer console.

It appears there seems to be an issue with the script which would redirect the page back to Webflow and confirm that the connection has succesfully been made.

The behaviour is different between the Stripe pop-up and the PayPal pop-up. Once you confirm the connection with Stripe, the redirect page is presented WITHIN the same pop-up where you confirmed Stripe. With PayPal, the redirect page is loaded in the ORIGINAL PAGE, rather than the same pop-up where PayPal was confirmed. Perhaps this is causing the conflict whereby the script is being blocked?

Considering how critical of an issue this is, how expensive Webflow eccomerce is, and the fact 3 people have had the problem in 2 weeks - I hope this is something Webflow can take the time to look at.

Bumping again until there is a resolution.

I’m having the same issue and get the below response when webflow checks the paymentStatus (https://webflow.com/api/sites/******/commerce/paypal/paymentStatus)

{
   "msg":"Paypal returned data in an unexpected format: Invalid merchant onboarding status response.",
   "code":500,
   "name":"PaypalShapeMismatchError",
   "path":"/api/sites/cardscore/commerce/paypal/paymentStatus",
   "err":"PaypalShapeMismatchError: Paypal returned data in an unexpected format: Invalid merchant onboarding status response.",
   "meta":{
      "data":{
         "merchant_id":"************",
         "tracking_id":"******************",
         "products":[
            {
               "name":"EXPRESS_CHECKOUT",
               "status":"ACTIVE"
            }
         ],
         "payments_receivable":true,
         "primary_email_confirmed":true,
         "oauth_integrations":[
            {
               "integration_type":"OAUTH_THIRD_PARTY",
               "integration_method":"PAYPAL",
               "oauth_third_party":[
                  null
               ]
            }
         ]
      },
      "code":"PaypalShapeMismatch"
   },
   "errorEnum":"PaypalShapeMismatch"
}

I haven’t had a chance to test yet, but according to Webflow the username you try to login to paypal as when setting up integration needs to be the main paypal account. It can’t be a user account within the paypal business account.

1 Like

Hi @Jamie_Thomas @zachsaid @neanea6060 @MarkST this definitely sounds like unexpected behavior.

Can you please contact us so that we can look into each of your sites and configurations for these site/account specific issues with the PayPal integration? For future reference, if you’re running into a bug, please contact our support team right away and we’ll follow-up at our first availability.

Here are some troubleshooting steps which you test out as well in case a browser extension or local environment issue may be causing an issue:

1. Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

2. Ensure that you’re using a PayPal business account instead of a personal PayPal account

3. It’s possible that your PayPal account needs some modifications, in those cases please contact the PayPal team

Please let me know if this is helpful or if you have any additional questions.
I’m happy to help you further!