Performance drop in designer, is it just me?

I have experienced a lot of lag in the designer interface lately, especially when toggling between Desktop/Table/Mobile (1-3 seconds). Also the anti-aliasing seems to be missing on a lot of fonts when viewed in the designer interface.

// Christoffer

(Windows 10, Chrome browser)

I have also been experiencing delays while moving between breakpoints.

Hi @jtk @Christoffer thank you very much for reporting this. It looks like the delay you’re reporting is between switching viewports and not so much with working on the canvas/designing your site correct? (we have an issue open for this and are looking into a fix)

@Christoffer could you please post a screenshot/Read-Only link to your site showing the anti-aliasing missing? Is this happening with custom uploaded fonts, Google fonts, TypeKit?

1 Like

Hi Waldo

Correct, its mostly between viewport switching. Working in the canvas performs normal, or close to normal. I PM’ed you a read-only link.

Looks like the anti-aliasing is only on some fonts when smaller in size. Perhaps I’m a bit paranoid on this one, but I think it did not look like this before… The font in the screen grab is Droid, which is a a default font I belive.

I have been seeing a similar issue switching viewports - however it is not on all my projects, not sure what the determining factor is

Looks like there is a link between speed and the amount of elements on the canvas…

1 Like

I’ll chime in here, same as @jtk @Christoffer - lag between 1-3 seconds switching viewports, just started seeing it earlier this week.

OS X El Capitan - Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

That is correct, Waldo.

Not for me. Happens when I begin a project.

@Christoffer @jtk @billvdh @StuM we just pushed an update to resolve the issue with switching viewports, can you please let me know if that resolved the issue? ​Thanks in advance! :bowing_man:

2 Likes

@Waldo I just tested out on the main project offenders from this morning and they seemed to be working now! Thanks as always!

3 Likes

Have only tested on OSX, not Windows, but it seems to work fine now. Thank you for quick response and bugfix! :smiley:

Hi @Waldo

Yep seems to be fine for me now

Stu

1 Like

FYI Issues are still happening.
Interface has been buggy all weekend.
It literally just locked up on me.
every project, multiple computers.
this issue is becoming very irritating.
whatever they did about 10 to 15 days ago
is creating a lot of headaches.

Tested in the office now on 4-5 sites, works fine here!

Not a solution for me.

Designer just locked up again this morning

• as I was reading your response.

But good to know it’s working for you.

Hi @Revolution

Can you please check the following:

• Is your browser up-to-date?
  • Are you experiencing the same issues while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off?
  • If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.