Poll: Personalized one-on-one training from a Webflow expert

Hey forum!

Beyond our documentation, video tutorials, and design forum - are there any reasons you would want more detailed and personalized one-on-one training from a Webflow expert?

If you have two seconds, please complete this short poll:

Which of the following applies to you most?

• I prefer to solve problems on my own or with the help of the community.
  • I am short on time and would be open to paying for expert training sessions.
  • I learn better with high quality video tutorials and more accessible documentation.
  • I already feel comfortable enough with Webflow and wouldn’t benefit from personalized training.

Please share your thoughts in the comments below. We are trying to identify more ways to help new Webflow users get started faster so any ideas and feedback is welcome (and encouraged!) :smile:

Cheers,
Will

I would pay for one-on-one training, but I’m an individual, not a company, so it’d have to be affordable. Live chat would be nice. As a new user, I’m constantly coming across things that I don’t understand, or things I’m trying to do that aren’t working, and it often might be a quick question, but waiting for an email response, sometimes hours or days later, when the answer might be one sentence, can be painful. Webflow definitely needs more documentation, tutorials, and videos. I’m finding it very difficult to quickly find an answer to a question. Having used a lot of software by startups in the past few years, I’d say lack of documentation, or generally difficulty in learning the software is the number one reason I’d give up on something. I like the videos, but in some cases they’re too long, too much information in each video. They could be good as a crash course, immersion in the software, but sometimes I don’t have the patience to watch videos for half an hour or an hour. I would like there to be videos that are maybe one minute long that cover one discreet subject, such as all the different ways to position an element. Being new to web design, I want to know quickly what my options are for having an element being in an exact place, when to use the manual positioning, when to use quick buttons like float left or float right, etc. I’d say that an affordable tech support where I could ask quick questions to, would be great. I much prefer that to, here is an hour of training, once a week, save up all your new questions for next time. But second to that, or maybe preferable for being able to learn after hours, or at my own speed, would be a lot of videos. Documentation is good too, but in this day and age, video is probably preferable. My brother-in-law learned how to change his car’s brake pads from a youtube video, I learned how to put up a tent while in the middle of a forest, watching a minute-long video on youtube on an iPhone just last weekend.

2 Likes

I think that I’d benefit from high quality video tutorials and accessible documentation on popular topics. I also think that a live chat feature would be awesome to have, though I’d imagine that would be difficult with a limited support staff.

I prefer to solve problems on my own or with the help of the community.

I would say that I generally like to figure things out on my own, but sometimes I run into something I would like some one-on-one help with. Maybe a Webflow-only portal/live chat/video conference/screen sharing solution would allow beginners like me to get some experienced help, either from a Webflow expert or just someone in the community who might just know the answer.

Btw, the tutorials videos are great, but trying to dig through all of the (excellent) material for the solution to a real-life design problem is not the best solution. A live person, expert or just experienced user, would be better at that.

I like ths one.
High quality video really help me.

I think the training that you guys provide is excellent, my only concern is the general lack of experience with HTML/CSS, so I would like to find more recommendations on material that you deem to be appropriate for people who approach Webflow (and professional web design) for the first time.

For example I am having difficulties learning how to manage styles so the changes I make in one place so not affect the rest of the site. I also don’t have a clear picture of how flexbox fits into the overall picture and how to choose what structure the content should have. It’s not about “how to do it in Webflow”, it’s about “how to do it”. Even though I understand that it is not specific Webflow-related, it would be nice to have some guidance from you guys, because I have no idea what are the best resources out there.

I also support the idea of custom one-to-one training sessions. I am among those people who don’t have much time and need to get on track fast, so a Webflow expert to ask some questions would certainly be very helpful.

No further update from staff.