Position fixed element in dyn list breaks designer

Hey guys, i’m coming across some really strange glitches in the Designer. Any ideas?

Site: royaltyexoticcars
Page: /dean-martin-menu
Element: menu__pane–lightbox
Console Logs: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

After further investigation, i have found the repro steps (sort of):
(1) add dyn list with lots of items
(2) add position fixed element
(3) all of the elements will fight for the same z-index and cause browser/designer to break

Additional notes:

• No extensions running
  • Using incognito mode
  • Does not repro on Waldo’s computer
  • cleared cache etc
  • chrome browser is up to date
  • iMac computer is in good shape and up to date
  • all other applications are closed

Workaround: Limit dyn list to 1 item and build position fixed element.

cc @callmevlad @Waldo

@thewonglv thank you so much for sending this over, I’m looking into this issue right now and will let you know as soon as I have more information or any questions :bow:

It looks like the “All Cars” tab isn’t showing up but I was able to toggle between the other tabs via the settings menu:

The Designer is glitching (see my gif recording above) unsure why though. i think it has to do with menu__pane--lightbox

It appears that all of the elements are fighting for the same z-index and causing the designer to break. The solution is to limit the dyn list to 1 item until finished designing. Thanks for the assistance @waldo @bart! <3

1 Like

@thewonglv correct, this appears to be a bug in Chrome with rendering elements with a fixed position style where those elements are fighting over the same given z-index: 709533 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Essentially every element in the dynamic list was fighting over the same z-index space and then the browser render engine was breaking. When the browser render engine breaks, it causes some adverse/unexpected behavior in the browser as a whole.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.