Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Position Sticky Behaving Strangely

Hi there. I’m trying create a sticky element and in the preview, it seems to be working about 1/6 of the way down the page, and then it releases and disappears as you keep scrolling. I’ve read through all the position sticky troubleshooting pages and can’t seem to find what’s wrong… :pleading_face: Anyone able to take a look? The element I’m working on is “Sticky Arrow.”

Here’s the read-only link to my site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/veev-2-0?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=veev-2-0&preview=7cb5448b347a12a06fa0f3bbc755131e&mode=preview

Hey @Amy_Louie, if you want the arrow to stay there till the bottom Position: Fixed will be a better option.

The sticky element stops sticking because the height of your document ends there. Reason being, your main content element is set to Position: Absolute it doesn’t take up any height/space. I would suggest using Position: Relative for most cases or leave it at Static. Use position Absolute only when you need some odd positioning.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 07.09.02

Ah, that works. Thank you so much for your time and help :slight_smile:

1 Like