– set a time limit for the length of time that a person can have an item in the shopping cart, say 15 mins
– display a countdown timer across the site once an item is in the cart
– countdown timer restarts if a person interacts with the cart (e.g. adds or removes an item), but not if a user simply views/reloads the basket page
– after 15 minutes, make item available to the shop again (removing from person’s basket), even if there was no further interaction from that visitor
– if the person still has the website open when the item’s removed from the cart, show a message/alert that that items have been removed from the cart
– if possible, also display timer on checkout pages, so customer knows they need to complete checkout within that initial time limit of 15 minutes
– if it possible, to add a status to a product that’s in someone’s shopping cart but not yet purchased, telling others that the item is currently reserved but may become available again?
– Sold items should remain visible, but labelled ‘Sold’ (and no price shown)
It would be great to get an idea whether this is something that Webflow can accommodate with custom coding.