Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Prices net of Tax (VAT)

My Webfow eCommerce website is a B2B. As such, it needs to display prices without the tax element. And then show the tax as a subtotal in the shopping cart. (A fairly common B2B feature in the UK).

Cart Example

Product £10
Product 2 £10

• 20% Tax £4

TOTAL £24

Can this be achieved? I have tried turning off “I’ve included all taxes” and repriced everything net of tax. However, the checkout didn’t show the tax.

Hi @RugbyWebDesign . I check with the team and it is not possible to show taxes in the shopping cart. The taxes are calculated based on shipping address based on varying tax laws .

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help Nelson, shame as would be a worthwhile feature. I’ll have to add it to the wishlist.

The same situation in whole Europe. Value excluding tax and with tax, and the amount of the tax itself, must be visible in the summary. It’s a necessary functionality.

1 Like

Is this something @foxy can handle?

And prices also should have a possibility to be presented as netto and brutto amounts.

Hi @RugbyWebDesign. Thank you for the nudge. Yes, what you’re after is possible with Foxy. Here’s a screen shot from a Foxy + Webflow cart:

cart

More info about integrating Foxy into Webflow can be found here: https://www.foxy.io/webflow Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance.

Thanks,
Josh

@PixelGeek didn’t they say during the Q&A last Tuesday that the VAT can be included or not?

@sarahfrison

Yes it is possible to mark tax/vat as being included in the product price which is what they were referring to during the livestream.

However, currently the taxes only show on the Checkout page and not in the cart. This is true of either tax setting.

Up until now, I had a line next to ‘Add To Cart’ stating “Prices include tax where applicable” for my B2B client.

However, the client (and more importantly their visitors) would prefer to see prices without tax.

After watching the live-stream, I flicked-off the “I’ve included all my taxes” switch and repriced all the taxable products. However, because the cart still did not show the tax breakdown, I was not sure if it was working or not.

Surely if Webflow knows the tax element for the Checkout Page, this could be added to the cart too? Without making this clear to website visitors, it makes our stores look less trustworthy.