Printing Orders

I’m really beginning to think the ecommerce is not ready for the masses, and that pains me to say this because I really do love Webflow.

The lack of basic functionality for the end user (without the need to buy integrations) and generally complicate their UX, is making me more inclined to use Shopify.

Several threads were created about printing orders 6 months ago, yet still we’re no further forward.

A typical shop owner wants a one stop solution. They don’t want to commit to Webflow and then find out “oh and you’ll need to buy Zapier / Foxy which will let you link to Printful which you’ll also need to buy aswell”.

Most of the store owners I have spoken to what want to be able to simply print a packing slip to go inside their dispatched orders. But this cannot be done.
Can a simple PRINT button be added to this interface?

I really hope some really basic Ecommerce updates are in the pipeline, rather than the more clever fun stuff. Without the basic tools, I can’t ‘sell’ Webflow eCommerce to my clients.

6 Likes

1.) think the ecommerce is not ready for the masses
2.) lack of basic functionality for the end user (without the need to buy integrations)
3.) typical shop owner wants a one stop solution
4.) I really hope some really basic Ecommerce updates are in the pipeline, rather than the more clever fun stuff.

As a “typical shop owner”, I 100% agree with this content. Switched over for the “ease”, not sure that’s what was delivered. And I’m not quite sure they are listening anymore. Not sure how much longer I can hang. Sorry for the rant.

2 Likes

Glad you agree with my sentiments.

Also agree with the ‘not listening’ bit too. Too many threads on the Webflow forum are cold, with no staff interaction and help.

I’ve just moved over to Shopify for two new eCommerce projects - shame because I love Webflow

Well the team are punching out some good stuff. Webflow is no doubt onto the integrations and when they do they will be rewarded with serious ecommerce uptake. But right now zapier actions do not even deal with the majority of triggers and actions required without using webhooks and parsing zaps.

Webflow’s ecommerce design tools are so far above (like 5 times as good) any low code options available in Wordpress or Shopify :nauseated_face:. When shipping / fulfillment / reporting , accounting and POS functionality comes online life is going to be SOOOO good!

I think if Webflow develops the best zaps in town we will be good to go. The alternative plugin cluster *@# is not appealing

1 Like

I’m bumping this one - I recently started working with a customer to create an eCommerce solution and the farther we go in the process the more “obvious” stuff I discover that any reasonable eCommerce system should have. Such as the one you’re mentioning - just a simple print button for the order information that can be included in the package.

Large eStores would most likely have to print the order to carry with them while packaging everything in their storages. They can’t run back and forth to the computer.

Come on Webflow - this is a simple matter - add printing functionality to the order. This should have been included from the start.

1 Like

I strongly agree. The lack of basic functionality for the end-user is absolutely stunning. By basic functionality, I mean usage in real-life scenarios with live running e-shop. It seems like they don’t even care about this. Have they actually went through the process themselves? Or asked real e-commerce operators? I really doubt that.

A typical shop owner wants a one-stop solution. They don’t want to commit to Webflow and then find out “oh and you’ll need to buy Zapier / Foxy which will let you link to Printful which you’ll also need to buy as well”. - EXACTLY

I mean guys, for example - a button for printing shipping labels? Are you kidding me? What are you charging those monthly fees and ludicrous 2% for? Oh, I know! Maybe so you can pay for the production of those Webflow tutorials on YouTube.

I think it’s time for Vlad Magdalin to wake the f*ck up. What about doing something useful for your paying customers and really help them to simplify their day-to-day business?

Has any progress been made on the basic elements missing from Webflow Commerce? Printing picking lists/invoices?

@Shaneod - The place to get updated is here → Latest updates and features | Webflow
I personally don’t recall any recent ones re: e-com.

Thanks Jeff - some feedback on these threads as to plans would be nice also. As in what are the plans to address the pretty basic functionality gaps etc. I know the wishlist system etc but actual engagement here would be productive/reassuring as well.

@Shaneod - I agree and am disappointed there is not better communication in this area. I don’t use Webflow e-commerce because I believe it is missing some fundamental features. Good news is there are plenty of good alternates. Peace.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, agree, i have a couple of eCommerce projects in the pot and currently, Webflow Commerce really only suits smaller operations. Do you have a good option that syncs with Webflow? I know Foxy cart does but last time i checked their UI was like something out of 1998.

Shopify is okay but I hate the themes and styling. Anything else?

1 Like

Hi @Shaneod.
Josh with Foxy here. We 100% agree on the current admin. We have a new admin you can apply for beta access to: https://airtable.com/shruOtVjh0UYJmifs

Also, to confirm, so much happens outside of Foxy admin. Product management, discount creation, order management (if you want), etc. Many merchants don’t need the Foxy admin after the initial configuration.

Please let us know if we can help with anything: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi Josh,

will apply for beta access now.

Thanks,

Shane

1 Like

Hi @Shaneod.
Got your beta info. We’ll be in touch soon.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hey All,

We created an app to print and download Webflow ecommerce invoices.

It has a few features people have been asking for:

• Bulk Printing
  • Add custom return policy to invoices
  • Add custom logo to invoices

Check it out at https://www.astroic.com/

Let us know if you have any questions: contact@astroic.com