Problem with video element in Chrome (MacOSX v67.0)

Video elements are showing up like this in the Designer in Chrome (MacOSX v67.0):

It is the same when viewing the published site but when I hover on the video element I get this:

The published site works perfectly fine on Firefox (MacOSX v61.0.1):

and on Safari (MacOSX v9.1.3):

Clearing Chrome’s browsing data made no difference.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Cheers

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @spincinconi

Thanks for posting about this — it definitely looks like odd behavior.

I took a look at your live site and preview link. I was able to see the video thumbnail render as expected in both:

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not and the issue is still appearing, Can you please try the following:

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply @Brando. Incognito mode did not resolve the issue. See below, which also includes the console:

I’m using Chrome version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacOSX.

Cheers

Hi @spincinconi

Can you please try updating your browser to the latest version – v 68?

​Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brando. Thanks for your help with this. The Chrome update fixed the issue. Apologies for not replying earlier but was a few versions back on MacOSX (to hang on to a couple of legacy apps) and had to back up and install an OSX update before I could update Chrome. Luckily I found a version of OSX that takes Chrome v68 and on which my legacy apps still work. Cheers.

1 Like

Wonderful! Happy to hear you got this resolved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.