Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Problem with Zapier "The app returned "ValidationError: Validation Failure."

Hi Webflowers,

I have problem with a Zapier integration.
I want to publish an item from a Youtube channel when there is a new video on this YT channel.
But when I’m trying to do that I have this message:
“The item could not be sent to Webflow.
The app returned “ValidationError: Validation Failure”.”

image|690x116

Here is all the fields of my collection (video):

Do you know how I can resolve that?

Thanks,

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/notion-everything?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=notion-everything&preview=f1ecdc4880bf4e72b4602806522189c8&mode=preview

@valentin_geffroy Did you resolve this? I am having the same error and Zapier doesn’t even tell you which field it has a problem with

I’ve found this to be usually due to a require field not being passed.

In the screenshot above the “Name” and “Slug” fields are required so make sure you are sending them from Zapier.

Further, the “Archive” and “Draft” fields within Zapier are required as well, make sure you’ve added a value for them.

@ycee can you detail your specific issue a bit more? Screenshots?

I have found that the cms field name sometimes doesn’t change when it’s updated, so zapier would then try to send information to webflow to a place that doesn’t exist. Try using postman to find the actual api info and use that instead

Yes I did!
As @ChrisDrit said you need to check your required fields.
Also make sure it’s the same type field you’re receiving and sending from Zapier.

1 Like

Oh yes guys finally got it working for me too.

Something interesting, the Slug is required in the CMS, I am not sending it via Zapier though as it’s not a use case for me (no separate page links per CMS item)

And it works just fine interestingly.