Problems with "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

Hello,

I’m new to everything relating to domains, hosting, designs and so on. So I was stupid enough to buy a domain from Godaddy.

However, I followed the guide to change the nameservers over to Cloudflare, so I could setup Webflow with Cloudflare. No problems there. But I can’t publish my site, even through Webflow says it is connected.

Currently:

• I’ve enabled Webflow’s SSL
  • Set Cloudflare’s SSL to Full (I read Webflow provide certificate?)
  • Using “proxy-ssl.webflow.com” with DNS-Only on two CNAME

https://i.imgur.com/Pc2IdpB.png

• I haven’t activated any Pagerules in Cloudflare (Always HTTPS etc)

The DNS seems to be working fine, but I guess it’s something with SSL. But I’m simply too unknowledgeable to figure it out. I tried Cloudflare support, but recieved some Bot replies. So I would also try here.

I tried using the site from a friends computer; and it worked. But then suddenly it didn’t. “Connection not secure”.

UPDATE: I tried clearing my cache manually from Brave browser. Now it works, but will every person visiting my site have problems with this? Do they suddenly have to clear cache files, since “Connection isn’t secure”?

Stopped working again. Now it says: “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

Loving Webflow so far. Pretty fun to learn.

URL: https://www.evidenslogi.dk/

Sincerely,
Stefan

Hi @Jookie, I had this error before. Make sure the cloud next to the A records connection to webflow is not Orange and it says DNS Only. Meaning do not bring traffic through Cloudflare.

Not sure if its exactly the same issue, but this is best practice. And yes, webflow already provide SSL.

Hey! Thanks for answering! Didn’t really expect quick answers :smiley:

You mean like this?

https://i.imgur.com/Pc2IdpB.png

I don’t have any A records currently. Could this be the problem? Sorry if this seems idiotic, but I learned all of this today.

Yeap, looks like you are missing the A record.

So you have to add 2 A records. Glossary Term: DNS records | Webflow Help

I just inserted the two A Records recommended. I don’t really know, how I skipped that one. Sorry.

Will update, if it works! Currently it still comes with the same errors. Thanks again, Denny.

I don’t really know, why my post was hidden and marked as spam?

Give it some hours until will propagate fully.

@Jookie you need to remove this btw. and yes as @screenfluent said, you have to wait a few hours. You can keep tabs from dnschecker.org. Once it shows the IP, try loading your page again

@dennyhartanto

Is this correct? It seems pretty unreliable with connecting. I receive the following error: “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” several times before I can connect. On mobile, I just get “A server with the specified hostname could not be found”.

Current setup at Cloudflare:

https://i.imgur.com/GYOOnKR.png

Am I doing something wrong? ‘A Records’ comes back with a host address at dnschecker.org. But CNAME records cause back with a negative. Could it be DNSSEC is still pending at Cloudflare?

It shouldn’t take that long for the CNAME to resolve. Can you try setting all the TTL to auto instead of 2 min?

And your site is working on my end. Can you try clearing your browser cache or try hard refresh? Ctrl+Shift+R(Windows) or Command+Shift+R(Mac)

The CNAME was resolved yesterday (and pretty quickly; maybe 2 hours after your reply). But when I woke up today, it was back to the same and unsolved.

I’ve changed the TTL to auto and tried clearing all my browser data (Everything from login, cache and settings for a total refresh in my browser). It still gives me: “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”. I did the same for my mobile and it says the same: “A server with the specified hostname could not be found”

The site also worked for 10-20 minutes at another PC, but after some time, it just keeps repeating the error. :confused: Does the site still work for you?

Also, we agree on Cloudflare’s SSL option should be set to “Full”?

Thanks again @dennyhartanto

Thats really weird. The website still works for me.

Have you also double checked the IP, make sure that it matches what is provided on your webflow project.

Any cloudflare settings is irrelevant at this point, because by stating that you are using DNS Only any cloudflare service will be unavailable to your domain. Your SSL is now provided by Webflow.

If all else fails, I think you can try re-setup the DNS records.

I just tried a different browser (Edge) and the site works. So it’s probably a local problem from my end - I just don’t know what. Could it be I am using Brave Browser? Will try with Firefox and chrome in two.

By re-setup DNS, you mean deleting the current settings and just paste the same DNS records in again?

Yeap, just delete, make sure it stops working completely then add them back in.

I tried it on Chrome by the way.

Doesn’t work on Firefox or Chrome. It keeps giving me a warning about the certificate and if I proceed, then I cannot connect. (Also, Edge is giving me the same warning now. So the site only worked with that for 10-20 minutes again) Will try to re-setup DNS as you said.

I read somewhere on Brave support, it could be something with the browser rejecting cache files or how Windows reads the certificates?

You shouldn’t be getting certificate warning because because SSL is working fine.

And the site is still working fine here.

I’m not really an expert so this is the extend of my help. Just try to setup again :slight_smile:

Thanks and just did! Will wait some hours and hope it works. It’s just insanely weird, you don’t have any of these problems connecting to the site :joy:

Hopefully it will fixed afterwards; or else, I must create a ticket I guess.

Not anymore. I’ve always used Cloudflare too, since its easier to manage DNS there. Good luck!

@dennyhartanto

It works after the DNS re-setup! Many thanks!

Can I jump in and ask exactly what is wrong with purchasing domains from Godaddy? I was thinking about transferring our domain there…:sweat_smile:

@AAV

Sure. First thing I noticed was they used my domain as free marketing, before I understood how to properly set it up. (They even used the words ‘courtesy of godaddy’). Well, I googled them and a whole lot of shady things came up. But the one thing which Especially came up a lot was their horrible customer service (I haven’t tried it; Just read it. Don’t take my or their word for it. A lot of the hate is from their SOPA support back in 2012).

Other thing for me personally. The UI sucked and I got less stuff for the same price compared to other sites (.dk domain). I hear many recommend NameCheap or Google Domains, but don’t take my word for it (again).

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/109693/godaddys-301-redirect-forwarding-has-some-weird-random-middleman-url-kills-lin