Hey webflowers! I felt inspired to share my delight with regard to the latest release of notion.so - the wiki, notes, project app. Notion 2 hit my radar a few weeks ago when it released database / relationship functionality with tables, boards, calendars. Up until that it was just another disjointed notes app to me.
I do a bit of consulting implementing team workspaces and have worked with a lot of tools. I don’t like single purpose project apps. I like CRM, project, anything platforms. As a collaborative website planning and development workspace… this is it for me! (we are in the honeymoon phase )
What I love about Notion:
- Full functional offline ioS/ mac app / android coming.
- Flexible page based content that can be simple as text or included nested tables, Kanban, calendars and any other content.
- Rows in tables, items in kanban or calendar are pages as well.
- Sharing - share a page in a workspace with a client to plan / write content - no email or g docs
- Pricing is good and includes unlimited guests and members which is perfect for freelancers who can be collaborating with many clients.
- Share a page public as wiki. Even gets indexed by search engines.
- Light weight - content feels connected yet a nimble as a document.
- Mind bendingly capable of building relational project content - you could get out of control in the depth of structure.
- Yet less database and more content / page like than airtable allowing you to effectively build better views and explanation of page content.
*Airtable is better for pure data needs. Notion does not have roll up fields, blocks and some other features yet.
Is anyone else using it?