Project size after duplicate

Hello!

For a few months I’ve been duplicating / branching off the same project for all new projects. What I recently noticed is that the file size of the original project kept increasing. It only contains some basic custom elements, and was originally around 1 MiB in size. Now (before I deleted it), it was around 36 MiB. It turns out that the size of all new projects adds to the original project.

This bug is easy to recreate. Just duplicate a site that contains something, and notice how the size of the original will increase. Is this bug only a number error, or is the website actually increasing in size? If so, how can I remove those weird MiB being added to my original project (and all new projects after duplicating it)?

1 Like

Hi @bonsaikitten

​Thank you for reaching out! and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior - our team has been informed.

As soon as I have more information, I’ll let you know!

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi @bonsaikitten

The File size includes assets, fonts, etc… AND backups. So, the increasing file size is due to the additional snapshots that are added each time you duplicate a project.

​Hope this is helpful.

Hey @AnnaKelian,

Thank you for this clarification. So the solution to decrease this file size is to delete unnecessary backups?

It has no impact on the export size, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

1 Like

Hi @161creativedesign, yes as @samliew pointed out, you do not need to worry about this. That is an internal storage of site duplication snapshot, it does not impact the published site or current version size in any way.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

This does, very much, thank you! :v:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.