Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Published by editor also publish my staging design

Hi everybody,

I notice an inconvenient behaviour but wasn’t sure if it was a bug or not.

I was working on a client project update and made sure my publishing targeting options were set on my staging .webflow.io subdomain for testing purposes with the client.

I didn’t publish it anyway but my client called me saying there was some changes on the live website.
It appears that publishing from their editor/CMS also published my changes in the designer.

Even if I might have forgotten a setting somewhere, the client shouldn’t be able to publish design changes. It’s like all the changes data that are being pushed when publishing are shared between editors and the designer.

Anybody experiencing a similar issue and have been able to solve it? Or any feedback from @webflow on that matter?

Cheers

Max

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @Maximosaurus, at the moment, if the client does a full publish, this will also publish the design changes that exist on the site, both the webflow.io domain or the custom domain.

To avoid this, make sure to have the client use the single item publishing instead of a full publish. Take a peek here: https://webflow.com/feature/publish-individual-cms-items

I hope this helps.

Thank you @cyberdave for the fast answer,

It is exactly what I needed to keep working on these updates in peace.

It would be nice to have some privileges control over what the client can publish from the editor on future updates though. The save dropdown publish button is not very intuitive for the client.