Pull data from Google sheet to display dynamic content

Hi,

I’m wanting to create a ‘reviews’ page similar to this, however I want it to dynamically update based on data in a Google Sheet (which is where all our reviews currently go to). I.e. the ‘reviews’ page would update when new reviews are added to the Google Sheet.

What would be the best way to display/connect Webflow to GSheets to be able to do this?

Hi @TomWrench,

You could use Zapier to connect Google Sheets to Webflow.

You’ll need to create a Collection with whatever fields you need (reviewer name, review content, etc.). Whenever a new review is added to the Google Sheet, you can create a “live item” in the CMS that publishes automatically or just create an item in the Collection that’s ready to publish manually.

1 Like

Thanks! This helps a lot :slight_smile: However, we get thousands of reviews and I note the limit for the business plan is 10,000 items. Do you know if this limit can be increased?

I don’t know that there’s a way to increase that limit.

In an ideal world, you’d be able to add the reviews to your site from Google Sheets using the Zapier integration and then also delete older reviews using the API or an integration to stay under the limit. But as far as I can tell there’s no way to automate the deletion of Collection Items, so you’d have to delete them manually which isn’t ideal with the volume you’ve got.

I’m pasting a link to another thread that could help shed some light on what’s possible in terms of deleting items via the API.

Hi it can surely done with zapier but its paid and limit of 10,000 items. I have created a cloneable project that reads directly from google sheets using google v4 api have a look
https://webflow.com/website/Google-Sheets-data-in-Webflow

1 Like

You should consider using Byteline data sync to update reviews (or other data) between Google Sheets and Webflow CMS. It offers 2-way and 1-way sync, eliminating the need for complex automation setups like Zaps.

With Byteline, any additions, modifications, or deletions in your Google Sheets are automatically mirrored in Webflow, ensuring your CMS stays up-to-date without manual intervention. Custom filters enable precise data synchronization, allowing you to sync only records that meet specific criteria.

Here are some key features:

1. Automatic table and field mapping.
  2. Historical sync to update your existing data.
  3. Intuitive Record Change History feature keeps you informed about every modification made.

Learn more.