Question from a "pre-newbie"

I’m a relatively harried small business owner, with two functional websites that I created10 years ago in Adobe’s GoLive! (and modified by my so-so knowledge of HTML). I like what I’ve seen about WebFlow, but I’d like to ask a few questions before investing much time to learn the WebFlow system. (1) Can I create a multi-page website and then export it to my current web host in a “test” environment? (2) Once I decide to go “live” with the new WebFlow site, and move it to the top level of my URL, is there a way to globally change all the internal and external liks to the root location of my site? (3) Can I create a second (related) site for my company, which would have a different URL, and still remain a “no charge client” of WebFlow? Thank you very much for your assistance, folks!

Hi @RiverCityKen Great questions and welcome to the community! :smiley:

Let me answer you questions in order:

1. yes. Here is an article about exporting: http://help.webflow.com/features/exporting

2. After you export your site, all of your links will work as long as you don’t touch the code and upload your package as is. But an easier way would be to let Webflow host your sites and use the one button publishing feature. Much easier AND SECURE than using an FTP program to upload your code and images. :wink:

3. Yes you can. :smile:

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist further! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nelson

Thank you very much! I look forward to developing new sites for rivercityimageworks.com and rivercityartprints.com.

Horray! Just ask the community for help during any part of your production process :smiley:

Good luck and more importantly HAVE FUN!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.