Question regarding interaction target elements of same class

If I set up an interaction with a target element having a specific class, will this impact ALL elements of that class on ALL pages a user opens in their browser or just those on the current page? For example, if clicking the trigger causes an element of class “abc” to go from display: none to display: flex, will this impact just elements with that class on the current page or will it impact other elements with class “abc” on subsequent pages opened by the user?

Just a general question; I don’t have a page ready to share for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Troy

1 Like

Hello @Troy33

If you have elements using the class .abc on multiple pages the interaction will target all. That’s why using class targeting is so cool when you want to reuse your interaction.

The interaction needs to be class based, not element based.

Here’s some info > Reuse interactions | Webflow University

It’s for the old UI, but the concept is the same

Piter :webflow_heart:

Thanks for your reply, Piter… That makes sense to me and thanks for the link, but to clarify my question, will clicking a button ‘trigger’ on page 1 cause ALL elements having the target class .abc react on pages 2, 3, 4 and 5?

1 Like

You need to use the options for class targeting > all elements with this class > only children with this class > only parents with this class ect…

My intuition says no, but I think @vincent can join and help.