Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Questions from a newb

Hi all

Re-discovered Webflow yesterday. Have now watched some workshop videos by Nelson and, as a web designer, it's looks great. The last couple of years I have felt more and more that designing in Photoshop/Illustrator is unnecessary double work that too often ends up in far from pixel perfect implementation by developers because of time and budget limitations and ideas that looks 100% in a static photoshop designs, turns out just 75% in the finished site. Have used Squarespace on a few projects, although it's easier to find workarounds early on in the design process to the realities of browsers and responsive design, it's just too many limitations and frustrating template hacks to get a "professional" result.

So, with the phrase "to good to be true" in the back of my mind...

Is Webflow actually good enough to use as a end result for a medium size business? Any real life experience on this?

Does the Webflow CMS system only work for blog/news?

Is it better and more efficient for developers to implement the HTML/CSS from Webflow in to a thirdpary CMS system than build it from scratch with just a static design?

Thanks, Christoffer

Hi Christoffer,

Welcome to the amazing Webflow world!
I can relate to all your questions: I tried Webflow a few months after its launch and first I thought it was not for me but then, after short months I've rediscover it and I'm using Webflow for almost 3 years now.
In my modest opinion, it is simply the best design tool out there.

Regarding your questions:

1. Is Webflow actually good enough to use as a end result for a medium size business? Any real life experience on this?

Totally! the design flexibility is huge, basically the limit is your own imagination.

Does the Webflow CMS system only work for blog/news?

Absolutely. You can set categories and more than that, otherwise from other CMS's out there Webflow is the first Visual CMS, meaning that you can build your blog/news layouts from scratch instead of getting stuck with a template or framework.

Is it better and more efficient for developers to implement the HTML/CSS from Webflow in to a thirdparty CMS system than build it from scratch with just a static design?

Personal opinion: I use Webflow CMS with Webflow designs... As simple as that. Integrations are possible and you'll have a good staring point with all the css already built in Webflow, but I prefer to keep "Webflow inside Webflow (if that makes sense).

Final thoughts:
Webflow has no comparison to other web builders on the market. It is a system for it self and you can do almost anything with it!

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: Have done more research and start to build a test, and it's looking very promising! The reason for being a bit hesitant at first is that I have tried a couple of similar tools before. They often look promising in the demos and simple tests, but often the limitations/bugs turn up when the real work begins. Webflow on the other hand, so far, feels like the missing link between web design and a working website!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.